- Created: Tuesday, 09 May 2017 10:34
- Hits: 1247
Reports of a fire caused faulty Beko fridge freezer which was subject to recall resulted in the death of a man in Manchester in August last year have come to light.
John Wilson sadly died from injuries sustained jumping from his bedroom window as the terraced house was destroyed by fire.
Mr Wilson's daughter Danielle claimed Beko’s recall was inadequate, adding: “My dad would still be here if they had properly recalled all these machines.”
The Manchester Evening News said the inquest at Stockport Coroner’s Court heard an oxygen canister, used by Mr Wilson after a lung transplant, blew up after catching fire.
A spokesperson for Beko said that extensive efforts were made to recall the product, which was made between 2000 and 2006 and had a faulty defrost timer which could catch fire.
He said: “Our sympathies are with the relatives and friends of Mr Wilson and his family. We deeply regret any incident linked to one of our products.”