Beko have made headlines again in the past few days over deaths from cookers that were recalled and sold under the Beko and Belling brand names. The original report that we made on this you can find from this link.
Six people in the UK and Ireland died when the grill was on but the door had been closed, despite the instructions stating that the grill door should be left open whilst the grill is in use, leading to a build-up of carbon monoxide. Therefore there is only any danger if the cooker is not used in accordance with the instructions.
One inquest heard a sticker on cookers might have alerted people to the potential danger. The incidents between November 2008 and January 2009 led to a recall of the affected cooker models from Belling and Beko.
Beko and Glen Dimplex said the models had met all UK and European safety regulations.
The affected models can be found in the original notification from 2009 and if you own one of these models that has not had the rectification carried out you should contact either Beko or Belling to have the work carried out as soon as possible to eliminate any possible danger if the cooker is not used correctly.
Although Beko probably want this like a hole in the head right now at least, even in the midst of the bad publicity of late over the fridge freezer recall, they have had the decency to reinforce the message.