General Enquiries And Questions

Can we get better deals than these kitchen appliances ?

General questions of any nature relating to the appliance industry can be posted here or questions about the UK Whitegoods appliance website or forums

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for all domestic appliances

“Spare
Get spare parts including accessories and filters for your kitchen appliances in our store for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Can we get better deals than these kitchen appliances ?

Postby rthirlby » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 pm

We're going to be buying some kitchen appliances in the very near future and these are what we think are the best deals available at the moment as far as energy efficiency, warranties and price.

Were looking at buying from Empire Direct with one of there Edextra cards which currently offers free 3 year warranties on a lot of items.

Washing Machine:
Bosch WAE24363GB Empire Direct £299.99
A+,A,B Energy Rating
2 years labour and parts warranty from bosch
+ 1 year extra from empire direct

Tumble Dryer:
Bosch WTE84307GB Empire Direct £329.99
B Energy Rating
2 years labour and parts warranty from bosch
+ 1 year extra from empire direct

Fridge Freezer:
Hotpoint RF175BP Empire Direct £249.99
A+ Energy Rating
5 year parts warranty, 1 year labour from Hotpoint
+ 2 years extra labour from empire direct

Gas Cooker:
Hotpoint GW38G Empire Direct £319.99
5 year parts warranty, 1 year labour from Hotpoint
+ 2 years extra labour from empire direct

Were first time house buyers and dont have masses of money to splash about so we think warranties are important to stop future expenditure over the next few years.

There is just the two of us so there wont be loads of washing to do

Anyone have any better deals ? With comparable warranties?

Im a bit put off Hotpoint as a brand due to my mothers brand new washing machine breaking after only a few months and the nightmare she is having getting it repaired.

Thanks
Rich T
rthirlby
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Washing machine drum paddles

“Drum
Broken drum paddles or lifters are often a fairly easy part to replace yourself and you can buy replacement drum paddles including many low cost compatible washing machine paddles in our store to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Can we get better deals than these kitchen appliances ?

Postby kwatt » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:24 pm

rthirlby wrote:Im a bit put off Hotpoint as a brand due to my mothers brand new washing machine breaking after only a few months and the nightmare she is having getting it repaired.

And there's a lesson to learned there I'm afraid. ;)

Hotpoint = Indesit = hassles.

Not British (never was really), not good and if you do go for them make sure you have cover ad infinitum, you'll likely need it. The 5 year parts warranty can ONLY be used if you call out Indesit service at about £100 a go, it's a bit of a con to lock you in. Either you pay for the insurance to cover that or, if it breaks, you get spanked up on the labour charges.

Put it this way, the average repair cost from an independent is about £65 including parts.

I'm not familiar with the Bosch machines mentioned but, at the price point, I expect that they are Spanish produced from the Balay factory that Bosch now own and built to a price basically. Probably better then most of the tat out there but spares, when you need them, are not cheap.

I'd strongly recommend you try a good independent dealer near you who will likely offer you a decent deal and probably better service than Empire will provide. Certainly much better advice.

HTH

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator

Postby rthirlby » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:45 am

So Hotpoint / Indesit / Creda is best avoided then ?
I have purposely avoided them for the Washer and Dryer but was hoping that with no moving parts the fridge and cooker would be ok. But if the 5 year parts warranty is worthless then im inclined to look elsewhere

I think I read on these forums that WTE models of Bosch are German made not spanish, can anyone confirm that ?

Thanks for the info
rthirlby
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby kwatt » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Yes, Indesit Group products I'm not in the least impressed with I'm afraid. Neither is Which? Or most any engineer you speak to.

rthirlby wrote:I think I read on these forums that WTE models of Bosch are German made not spanish, can anyone confirm that ?

Not at that price point they're not. Try upwards of £500 for a proper German made machine as they are not cheap to build there.

HTH

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt

Postby iadom » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:59 pm

kwatt wrote:

Hotpoint = Indesit = hassles.

Not British (never was really), .

When you say 'never was' I assume you mean Indesit and not Hotpoint. :wink:
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby thechocho » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:35 am

We just re-did our whole kitchen and bought appliances from a comparison site called White Box Deals. They provide a list of retailers with current pricing, as well as discount codes on lots of products to save extra money.
thechocho
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Fridge & freezer thermostats

“Thermostats
You can buy replacement thermostats in our store here to fit all popular makes including thermostats for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to General Enquiries And Questions