Thought i'd better report on exactly what was up with this machine (too excited earlier).
Turns out that the Heater (dryer) was replaced at the beginning of the year, and the reason for it blowning so many boards.
One of the bolts wasn't tightened properly, and as the heater is above the module, the water would leak straight onto it, ka-boom another fried module.
We had a new pipe (from soap drawer) which took 8 engineers to work out. This kept resulting in flooding, and the destruction of the first 2 modules and front panel.
We had the door seal come away from the drum which took 2 engineers to find, and the destruction of another module and front panel.
And finally, the heater (dryer) not being tightened properly which took out another 3 modules. I think we have been lucky to have kept the machine going as long as we did with this fault.
And to top it all off, this has gone one for exactly 1 year (bar a few days).
So to be fair, its the water leaking thats caused the modules to self destruct and not the modules themselves (thought id stick that one in
) and appears that this was the main fault all along. As to the new wiring harness, motor and all the other parts it didn't need, shisshhh.
Still won't be buying another Hotpoint or Merloni machine though.
Thanks for everyone who has repsonded to this thread and offered advice. We got there in the end.