Cooker And Oven Forum

AEG Competence B4100-1 Oven Not Heating

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for cookers and built in ovens

“Spare
Get spare parts for your cooker or built in oven in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

AEG Competence B4100-1 Oven Not Heating

Postby dodgydodgy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi,We've the above model of oven and tonight the house trip switch went. Once reset the oven doesn't seem to be heating when on fan mode, the fan turns, the lights are on, but no heat.

I'm assuming - as a cooker repair novice - that it means the element associated with the fan has broken.

I can't see any elements in the oven except the grill (which still works). Would anyone be able to confirm my diagnosis and point me in the right direction on how to find where the element is, and source a replacement.

Many thanks
dodgydodgy
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Oven not heating?

Buy Fan oven elements and other heating elements for built in ovens and cookers online
If your oven doesn’t heat up then there is a good chance that the heating element has failed. Find a new one in our store including many low cost compatible heating elements for all major brands but also check thermostats including any safety thermostats that many modern ovens and cookers have fitted

Re: AEG Competence B4100-1 Oven Not Heating

Postby Penguin45 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:08 pm

Fan oven element is HERE.

Information HERE.

Element is behind the inner rear panel of the oven. Power off before working on the machine, please.

Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Re: AEG Competence B4100-1 Oven Not Heating

Postby dodgydodgy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks for the very informative reply - I'll order the part today.
dodgydodgy
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

• Advertisement

Oven & cooker door hinges

Buy oven door hinges for built in ovens and cookers online
If the door on your built in oven or cooker isn’t closing properly it’s almost certain that the door hinges will need to be replaced. Find replacement door hinges in our store for all major brands including Belling, Bosch, Beko, Lamona, Diplomat and many more

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum