Cooker And Oven Forum

everhot range cooker

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for cookers and built in ovens

“Spare
Get spare parts for your cooker or built in oven in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

everhot range cooker

Postby artichoke » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:02 pm

hi

anyone any experience of the everhot range cooker?

i am looking at it as it claims to be more economical than an aga and you can turn it on and off..

also looking at the eco function...

It would be used as a heat source in the kitchen as well as a cooker so we would keep it on all day long in winter as we work from home.

http://www.everhot.co.uk/100_features.php

any advice welcome

helen
artichoke
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Oven not heating?

Buy Fan oven elements and other heating elements for built in ovens and cookers online
If your oven doesn’t heat up then there is a good chance that the heating element has failed. Find a new one in our store including many low cost compatible heating elements for all major brands but also check thermostats including any safety thermostats that many modern ovens and cookers have fitted

Re: everhot range cooker

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi, seriously considered one of these but went with dual fuel range instead. If you are anywhere near their HQ I would recommend a visit as they are very helpful. They also hold cookery demonstrations. The cookers seem well made.

This link may be useful:

http://www.countryliving.co.uk/index.ph ... /topic/915

Good luck.
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby artichoke » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:10 am

hi

so what put you off buying an everhot?

my main concern is how much it will cost to run - although i do want is as a heat source as well as my kitchen is cold all year round as it's a old stone cottage with the kitchen half underground...

what did you get instead?

thanks for any advice

helen
artichoke
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:32 am

Hi Helen,

in the end the deciding factor was the running cost. The recent anti-Aga groundswell may have played a part too. Don't want to annoy Mr Monbiot! The Everhot is much more efficient than an Aga but we realised that we do not really need the year round warmth as we have a very efficient new combi boiler. Also, to be honest, I do not have the lifestyle that my mother-in-law had while farming and Aga owning- a distinct lack of sickly lambs needing warming. Maybe part of the attraction was the association with the romanticised rural lifestyle. She bought her Aga fifty years ago when the alternative, if one needed to get up at three in the morning for some animal related emergency, was to stoke up a fire. Not my situation at all.

This is not to deny that the Everhot is a super piece of kit. It is well made and seems much more efficient than any of its rivals. The company must be selling lots as they have just expanded the business into larger premises. It also has the beauty of being such a simple design. The electric elements are bog standard and easy to source and replace if needed. The induction hob is fantastic and means that you can turn off the hotplates during the summer.

For your situation it sounds ideal and if you buy one I will admit to being a bit jealous as I still hanker after one sometimes. Your kitchen will be much cosier and it sounds as though you do need year round warmth. The running costs may well be offset by gaining a much more usable kitchen and hence a bigger house! See, I'm making your argument for you. Also no rewiring, rebuilding or gas/bottled gas/oil issues. Just plug in and off you go.

They seem to hold their price very well so resale values have not fallen through the floor as with the older Agas. Everhot may be able to source you a secondhand one if you contact them - they are very helpful - but it may not have the newer "slumber" energy saving feature.

What did we get ? I set out to buy a Falcon range cooker but fell for a Rangemaster Classic Deluxe 90 dual fuel in black. It seems solid and, most importantly, cooks like a dream. The wok cooker should come with a health warning but fortunately my eyebrows have now grown back after the first time I lit it! It has the look of an old fashioned range which fits in well here. It was also a really bargain price - that made my husband very happy.

Good luck with whatever you decide - but I would really recommend a visit to their HQ if you can possibly make it. They have dealers all round the country but I don't imagine any of them have the range (pardon the pun) of models that are on show and running as at Dursley.

Best wishes, Jackie
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby artichoke » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:17 am

hi

any more views on the Everhot range cooker?

and if i don't get an traditional heat storage range then what is the best of the gas / electric ranges?

i am looking at 100cm wide ranges...

any advice appreciated

art
artichoke
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby don » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 am

Hi art

A good read here on range cookers to give you a start.

For any further threads, type range AND cooker into the search option, there is quite a bit more info available.

HTH

Don
don
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi Helen,

a lot of manufacturers do 900cm and 120cm widths. 100cm may be a little trickier. Falcon do a nice 100cm wide model but the oven sizes may not be right for your needs - I love the slow oven idea though. Neff have a 100cm range cooker - more modern looking though. I am sure there are lots more.

If you have a look at a site like rangecookers.co.uk you can enter a search on cooker widths and get a rough idea on prices and options - then you can hunt around for the best deals.

If you have a local independent white goods store it may be worth popping in for a chat. Our local smallish shop was very helpful and knowledgeable - among other brands they carry Rangemaster and Falcon cookers (both from the Aga stable) and really knew their stuff. Their prices are comparable with the big name stores.

We still love our Rangemaster and find we are baking and cooking much more than previously. I have even lost my fear of the wok burner ! My only wish is that I had not bought it in black as it shows every speck of dust.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I found there really was no better way to narrow down my choice than going and looking at cookers - opening and closing doors, picking up pan supports, pulling out grill pans etc. Let's just say that quality is variable.

The guys on here really know their stuff too - I always value the opinion of someone who is not on commission.

Happy hunting, Jackie
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum