Cooker And Oven Forum

Recomendations Please: Electric under counter double oven

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for cookers and built in ovens

“Spare
Get spare parts for your cooker or built in oven in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Recomendations Please: Electric under counter double oven

Postby Matblack » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:29 pm

We're looking to spend around £500-£600 on an under the counter double oven, needs to be a stainless or silver finish and be reliable. We don't use our oven a lot but we want something which will last and encourage us to cook more :)

Like the look of the Zanussi ZUQ875X and the CDA CD709, wife likes the idea of the self cleaning sides and stuff

Been to look at a few today in the sheds and a Hotpoint BU72P fell apart in my hands not very confidence inspireing! So I thought I'd ask the experts what they would recommend.

Also fitting; we had a single oven before and there is an oven carcass in the 600mm space which brings it down to 565mm x 700mm, will this need to come out? Or can I put a double oven in the carcass?

Cheers

MB
Matblack
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Grill not heating up any more?

Buy Fan oven elements and other heating elements for built in ovens and cookers online
If the grill in your oven or cooker doesn’t heat up any more then there is a good chance that the heating element has failed. Find a new heating element in our store including many low cost compatible heating elements for all major brands including Belling, Bosch, Beko, Lamona, Diplomat and many more

Re: Recomendations Please: Electric under counter double ove

Postby don » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:59 am

Hi Mike

Take a look at the Bosch / Neff range. Personally I like the neff U1722 double built under oven. Lots of good features, well built appliance, two year guarantee, comes in stainless steel and is in the right price range too. Appliance dimensions 717mm high 594mm wide and 550mm deep. The carcass will need to be removed in order to fit. It may need just a short plinth to take up the the height to the underside of the worktop which is usually around 860mm.

Link here if you want to see the spec of the appliance.

HTH

Don
don
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby Matblack » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:06 am

Thanks Don

Went to look at the NEFF yesteday, it is indeed an excellent bit of kit, very well made and obviously has some good features, unfortunately its going to be too expensive and although I was smitten (as much as you can be by an oven) I need to rethink.

Right now my wife likes the look of the CDA CD709

Does anyone rate this oven? I know the CD708 was a rebranded Stoves but I don't know much about the CD709, anyone had any issues with one? I like the idea of a 5 year parts warentee as I know that element don't nessesarily last that long.

So we're revising the spend to £400-500 :(

Cheers

Matt
Matblack
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby don » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:46 am

Hi Matt

In that budget range, take a look at the Hotpoint UE47X. Good build in it`s price range, multifunction oven, stainless steel finish and also comes with a five year parts guarantee too. Bear in mind that with the five year parts warranty repairs are carried out by the manufacturers own service network. Current Hotpoint labour charge is £89.98 Inc VAT. Or alternatively you could always return here for an engineer if required :wink: .

I am not familiar with the CDA range, however someone else will give good advice on them for you :wink:

HTH

Don
don

Postby greaseater » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi Mike,

The CDA oven that you are interested in is manufactured by one of the largest OEM suppliers in Italy (Meneghetti) - They make for a lot of big names such as Atag, Whirlpool and Diplomat (MFI).

These are very reasonably priced and you may find that they have 2 grills (1 in each oven) as standard.

Greaseater.
greaseater
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby BSH-MAN » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:50 pm

BSH-MAN
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Matblack » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:17 am

Ordered the CDA should arive next week, its cheap but based on our needs and the looks we wanted it seemed like the best option, hopefully it will be as good as it looks.

I'll report back once its here and installed.

Thanks for all the help

Matt
Matblack
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum