Dishwasher Help Forum

Dead D/W No 2!!! Brandt error code d07

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic

Buy spare parts for dishwashers

Dishwasher spare parts available to buy in our online store
Get dishwasher spare parts in our store and much more for all major makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Dead D/W No 2!!! Brandt error code d07

Postby GillM » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:52 am

This now makes 2 dead dishwashers in our house. I have been waiting for an engineer to turn up for 5 months now for the first one! Two non arrivals, and this latest one keeps putting me off on 2 weekly intervals - does no-one want to repair anything in Brittany?? :cry:

The latest one died this morning. It was my Brandt 'Aquasafe' DFH520 which is currently displaying an error code d07. I have tried pressing the 'Demarche/annulation' key (start/cancel in english?) in the hope of clearing it but no joy!

Please could anyone advise what this is likely to be so that we can buy thepart and fix it ourselves rather than rely on engineers who never arrive!

This is getting desperate - I may have to wash up by hand tonight
GillM
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Does your dishwasher leak?

Door seals for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
If your dishwasher is leaking one of the most common reasons is that a door seal is faulty allowing water to escape. You can buy replacement door seals in our store here to fit all major makes including Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Dead D/W No 2!!! Brandt error code d07

Postby Jonah » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:46 pm

D07 fault code is water in the base tray, the anti flood float switch has operated it will not start a program untill you have cleared the water in the base tray.

I get this a lot with Brandt/De Dietrich dishwashers especially if the house is in a rural area, our furry little rodent friends love to get inside the machine and chew at the pipes etc, only way to check is to disconnect appliance from electricity supply pull machine out put some towels down and tip to one side, water in base tray will come out, you will then be able to use it again.

If D07 comes up again then you are going to have to find the leak in the appliance, not easy, good luck :D
Jonah
WTA Member
WTA Member

Postby GillM » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Actually this morning, my husband pulled out the machine and I have now finished mopping the floor!
I am feeling rather disgruntled with white goods at present due to constant breakdowns. The other dead machine is an Indesit IDL 41 which packed up after 6 months of purchase and around 10 uses during this period! This was bought here in France where their customer service motto is caveat emptor! :rolls:
If / when I have to buy replacements can you please suggest a brand with a good reputation?
I shall be buying in the UK and exporting it this time due to lower prices over there.
GillM
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby Jonah » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:24 pm

No problem, is the Brandt D/W now working?

If reliability is the main issue then possibly Bosch would be a better option, Miele are very good but very expensive, cheap brands such as Indesit and all the Chinese variants will give you nothing but hassle as obviously Service Engineers in France are at a premium, very surprised about Brandt/De Dietrich service as they are a French/Spanish company owned by Fagor, should be easier for the Engineers there rather than us over here :wink:
Jonah
WTA Member
WTA Member

Postby GillM » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:30 pm

:evil:
Jonah, the main problem here are the shops - you would think you are asking them to pay for the repair out of their own pockets!
I returned a 3 month old HP printer to Carrefour with a problem. They wouldn't replace but said 'it will be repaired'.
4 months later, I managed to get it back - untouched!
It was returned to me again, after much chasing, 5 months later, still not working with the response that it was not under guarantee any more!

:evil: :evil:
GillM
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby Jonah » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Wow, as a retailer I couldn't get away with treating customers like that, I would end up on the next edition of Watchdog on the BBC 8O

I moan sometimes about consumers rights groups in the UK but I'm still glad we have them and the consumer laws in the UK, maybe I should open a branch of Integral Appliance Solutions in France lol :lol:
Jonah
WTA Member
WTA Member

Postby GillM » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:56 am

:D :D I can put the Fairy liquid away!!

Well, after the draining of the base, it is now working again. It has been used once and went fine. So, now all I need to do is keep an eye on it and see if it fills again! (at least I now know that the anti-flooding mechanism works! :lol: :lol: )
Thank you so much for your very helpful advice.

:wink: I wonder if the Indesit would fit in the back of the van next time I come over to visit the brother-in-law in Cornwall, Jonah ...........?
GillM
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby Jonah » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:29 pm

No problem, email me when you come over :lol:
Jonah
WTA Member
WTA Member

Postby GillM » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Well, thanks to Jonah one Brandt dishwasher is back in use and still working beautifully!! Thanks so much!
Still no sign of the first engineer who I booked 11 months ago to view the faulty indesit D/W, nor the second engineer who promised faithfully to come out in early January and now seems to have gone AWOL. Customer service really does not exist out here!

Any UK engineers planning a holiday in Brittany? :lol: :lol: :lol:
GillM
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby linanne09 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:42 pm

I know this is a really old post but I just wanted to say thank you Jonah if he still frequents this forum. His advice to GillM has sorted my problem too.
linanne09
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Allsorts » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 am

GillM .. regarding your printer .. look-up 1999/44/EC and go to paragraph 17.. Take that to the shop.. They have an obligation to either repair it, replace it, or refund on it, even if the guarantee is now run out so long as you told them about it before it did.
Allsorts - Where Recycling Means Being Natural

Supporting http://www.findmyrecycler.co.uk - connecting waste to recyclers
We are looking for more recyclers
Get a FREE listing on the database - Contact Us at Find My Recycler
Allsorts
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby Jonah » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 pm

Still here and was glad to help !
Jonah
WTA Member
WTA Member

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum