Dishwasher Help Forum

IGNIS ADL 334 fitted dishwasher fault - flashing light

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic

Buy spare parts for dishwashers

Dishwasher spare parts available to buy in our online store
Get dishwasher spare parts in our store and much more for all major makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

IGNIS ADL 334 fitted dishwasher fault - flashing light

Postby Reno_1ted » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi guys,

I have an IGNIS ADL 334 fitted dishwasher (the service number is 8545 334 15010), which was in the house when I moved in. It has worked fine for the last year we have lived here, but this week when we turned it on, the start light keeps flashing and it will not start a cycle.

I have read some posts on here, and it seems the newer models flash a certain number of times to indicate what the fault is. Mine does not do that, it simply flashes constantly! I found this post on the forum which has a good sketch of what my panel looks like: http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.p ... ight=ignis (NB this isnt my fault, just linked because of the sketch)

Everything seems clean, and the "salt" bit is full of water. No rinse aid is added. If i poor water into the bottom of the dishwaser, and then turn it on, it drains that water, but then still will not do anything. The waste pipe seems fine and is not blocked. If i hold the start button, it sounds like its starting a cycle, but this lasts 30 seconds at most, and the light doesnt stop flashing throughout.

I dont know how much of the above is useful, but thought I would post what I can. Any further questions can be answered, and i am happy to try a few things and troubleshoot my way through.

Some posts I have read refer to a flooded tray at the bottom, should I try this first? Is the best way to lower the legs and then tip it, or can i take a panel off the bottom and drain it that way. I know nothing about these things!

Any help appreciated! :)
Reno_1ted
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Re: IGNIS ADL 334 fitted dishwasher fault - flashing light

Postby Penguin45 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:37 am

Constant flashing is F1 - the ntc sensor, or temperature sensor failure. They are notoriously unreliable.

Replacement is HERE. It's a twist fit from underneath.

Power off if you intend to deal with this yourself.

Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby Reno_1ted » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Cheers!

I have ordered the part and will keep you posted as to how I get on. I will of course power off before I start. :)
Reno_1ted
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Reno_1ted » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:57 pm

Ok.

I got the dishwasher out, and snapped the water feed pipe, water everywhere but nothing a mop and some cursing didnt sort. Next time, i will switch the water off as well as the power! Whoever fitted the kitchen fitted this with the shortest pipe ever.

So i need to get a new pipe for that.

Anyway, i got into the bottom section, which seems to have a fair bit of water in it. And a black rubber pipe that connected to the middle was hanging off. So i need to get a jubilee clip for that to, any idea what size it will be? Could that be the cause of the problem?

Anyway, i found the bit and unscrewed it, the part looks the same except the connection for the wire is a lot smaller on the old one then the new one, the new one came with its own wire, so will that fit in the "junction box" end ok, or will that be a smaller size to?

Also, i couldnt get the bottom panel fully off, it was like it was stuck on the "junction box" (what i call the bits where all the wires lead to). Does it come all the way off?

Many thanks from the wet kitchen ! :)
Reno_1ted
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Penguin45 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:02 am

The main pcb will lift off the "prongs" on the front of the undertray. Two screws and it should release, allowing full access.

The new cable will fit straight on at the pcb end - the position is marked "ntc" on the casing.

Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby Reno_1ted » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:18 pm

All done and dusted, and dishwasher works fine. I just need to get it back under the worktop and raise the height again. Fitting the part was pretty easy once I managed to get the bottom panel off.

Thanks SO much for the help, I would have had no idea without your assistance.

The element on my grill blew the other day as well (I am waiting for the washing machine to go, as it usually in 3's they say!), so once i get the specs I will be checking out that part of the forum !! :)

Thanks 10000000 again !
Reno_1ted
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Dishwasher not heating up water?

Heating elements for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more
If your dishwasher will not heat the water the reason is often that the heater has failed, which is the heating element used to heat the water and to dry your dishes. You can buy replacement heating elements including many low cost compatible dishwasher heaters in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum