Login and Registration Issues
- How do I access the trade forums?
- All accounts that require trade access must have their trade status verified and this is a manual process. Without being authenticated as a trade member you will not be able to view any of the trade forums.
To obtain trade access please read the article here carefully and follow the instructions given there.
- I’ve lost my password!
- Don’t panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I’ve forgotten my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.
For a full tutorial on how to recover your password see this article
- Why can’t I login?
- There are several reasons why this could occur. First, ensure your username and password are correct as this is the top reason for a failure to login.
If they are, contact the board owner to make sure you haven’t been banned.
- I registered but cannot login!
- First, check your username and password are correct!
The UK Whitegoods forum requires new registrations to be activated by yourself before you can logon; this information was sent via email as part of the registration process to the email address you entered.
If you were sent an e-mail, follow the instructions.
If you did not receive an e-mail, you may have provided an incorrect e-mail address or the e-mail may have been picked up by a spam filter. Make sure you check your spam folder, especially is you use a Hotmail, AOL, Googlemail and so email address.
If you are sure the e-mail address you provided is correct, try contacting email@example.com
- Why do I need to register at all?
- Registration for UK Whitegoods is mandatory in order to stop spam and improper use of the forums.
It only takes a few moments to register and allows you to use the board anytime you need help with appliance questions.
- I registered in the past but cannot login any more?!
- Attempt to locate the e-mail sent to you when you first registered, check your username and password and try again.
- Why can’t I register?
- It is possible the website owner has banned your IP address or disallowed the username you are attempting to register.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Why do I get logged off automatically?
- If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university computer lab, etc.
- How do I prevent my username appearing in the online user listings?
- Within your User Control Panel, under “Board preferences”, you will find the option Hide your online status. Enable this option with Yes and you will only appear to the administrators, moderators and yourself. You will be counted as a hidden user.
- What does the “Delete all board cookies” do?
- “Delete all board cookies” deletes the cookies created by phpBB which keep you authenticated and logged into the board. It also provides functions such as read tracking if they have been enabled by the board owner. If you are having login or logout problems, deleting board cookies may help.
- Privacy & Email Questions
- We do not share your details and we do no send any unsolicited emails at any point. You will receive emails advising you of any replies to a post you have made or to notify you of any private messages but those can be turned off in your preferences should you choose. We do not send any marketing emails at all.