Refrigerator Sparks Fire In Mobile Home
Published: Jun 23, 2007 - Page: 2B
A trailer at Cedarcrest Southmoor Mobile Home Village, 10615 Airline Highway, caught fire Friday evening, St. George Fire Department spokesman Eldon Ledoux said.
A malfunctioning refrigerator caused the blaze, Ledoux said.
“The fire originated there and burned through the outer wall of the trailer,” he said.
The trailer’s resident was out to dinner when the fire started and had taken his pet dog with him, Ledoux said. No one was injured in the blaze.
Ledoux estimated the home had sustained $10,000 of fire and smoke damage.
The first fire truck arrived on the scene seven minutes after receiving a call, Ledoux said.
The fire was under control by 8:06 p.m.
St. George and Baton Rouge fire departments both responded to the call.
It's almost a daily thing, but if you think it's safe and you want to take the risk you feel free.