Fridge And Freezer Forum

BEKO AP930 - Rubber Membrane in Ice dispenser dislodged

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

BEKO AP930 - Rubber Membrane in Ice dispenser dislodged

Postby pthawkes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:32 am

I have a beko ap930 double door fridge-freezer. My Ice dispenser has stopped operating. The the ice box inside the freezer is all fine. Its the rubber membrane within the dispenser (in the door) that looks like its detached from its housing/fittings. I am struggling to get at the whole mechanism in the door. There doesn't seem any obvious place to remove the whole unit to get at the parts inside the door.
Also does anyone know where I could get a service manual from (not a user manual I have that) .
Many Thanks in Advance.
pthawkes
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Re: BEKO AP930 - Rubber Membrane in Ice dispenser dislodged

Postby kwatt » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi,

Getting the part isn't really a problem. ;)

The downside being that if it's not UK stock it may take a while to come from Turkey. What I think the part is doesn't appear to be a stock item with anyone.

Can you tell me if it is an AP930X or an AP930S? Then there's several versions of panel by the looks of it but the ice chute flap looks to be the same on the different panels.

Once I know what one it is I can put up a diagram so you can identify the part.

HTH

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator

Postby pthawkes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Hello K,
Firsty thanks for the reply.

I have looked through the manual documentation and fridge and can't find whether the model is X or S. All I have is that it is AP930 and is 20.2 cu ft.

I'm not sure whether I need a new part. I'm really looking for advice as to how to get into the door unit to get at the ice chute flap so as to get it back into its correct bracket/fitting or check if I need to get an engineer in.

Thanks again
Paul
pthawkes
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby kwatt » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:27 pm

I've no idea on that front I'm afraid as I've never worked on one, I doubt many of us have in all honesty as they've only been about for a year, two at most.

It certainly looks as if you can get to it but how, I don't know.

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

kwatt

Postby pthawkes » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Many Thanks for your help K,

I wonder if someone would know where to get a service manual for one of these fridges....

There are no screws or anything obvious on the door panel.

Regards
Paul
pthawkes
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby kwatt » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi Paul,

Have a read of this regarding service manuals ;)

Usually you'd pop the fascia panel for the water and ice then gain access that way. Aside from that you occasionally will find to get in you have to strip the door down from the back forward, so all the screws on the inner panel have to come out and then you get in from the back.

In any event, it's not usually made easy. :?

K.

kwatt

Postby pthawkes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Thanks, just a bit nervous prising the fascia panel off..incase you can't and I end up breaking the panel...the missus would not be happy.

I have now also started getting the dreaded E8 fault code. I have read somewhere that this is an Ice tray sensor problem. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help.
Regards
P
pthawkes
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby kwatt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Yup, E8 is an icemaker fault, usually the sensor being faulty causes it. The part is here and it's pretty cheap to be fair.

Looking at the parts diagram, there's little more to go on, I'd hazard that the front panel just pops off. Very slim flat blade and a good deal of care should get you into it.

HTH

K.

kwatt

Postby pthawkes » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:08 am

Thanks K,

I found the sensor problem...looks like its a common fault with the Beko as i've read others having the same problem. One of the wires to the sensor has frayed and snapped...I'm going the attempt to connect and see if that works.

Thanks again for your help.
pthawkes
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby pthawkes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:57 pm

K

I have managed to gain access to the ice -chute dispenser. It is through the fascia panel on the front of the freezer door. I have established that the rubber membrane unit has broken. A small plastic piece that holds it in place has broken off. I will need to get a replacement part. You mentioned that you get hold of the part. I'm still not sure what model I have..X or S.

Many thanks
Paul
pthawkes
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby kwatt » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi Paul,

I think, on this drawing...

[img]http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/images/beko_side_by_side_fridge_freezer_door.jpg[/img]

... that it's part 1171. Can you confirm?

They look as if they're the same although I can't obviously be 100% as it's a line drawing and a part number.

K.

kwatt

Postby pthawkes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:13 am

Hello K

From the drawing the part numbers are 1170 and 1169.. I think or it could just be 1169 I'm not too sure...what would the cost of each piece be?

Regards
Paul
pthawkes
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby kwatt » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:07 am

It'll be 1169, Ice Path Shutter Assy, part number 4330820185. This is cheap as it's only going to be about £5 or so plus VAT and shipping.

1170 is the ice dispenser solenoid, part number 4826740100. This solenoid is more expensive though, should be about the £12 mark plus the usual shipping etc.

To be fair to Beko, both parts are pretty cheap really.

Let me know if you want them added to the store and I'll do that.

HTH

K.

kwatt

Postby pthawkes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks K

Its not the solenoid...it part 1169(part number 4330820185). Could you add this item to the store so that I can get an order in.

Thanks again for all your help.
Regards
Paul
pthawkes
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby kwatt » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Paul,

No worries, added here, from this link

K.

kwatt

• Advertisement

Do you need your fridge freezer fixed?

Find a local fridge freezer repair company for all makes including built in and integrated fridges and freezers
Find local approved fridge freezer repair companies using our free search of hundreds of repairers to find approved companies in your area that will repair almost any fridge, freezer or fridge freezer including built in and integrated fridges and freezers and American fridge freezers

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum