Fridge And Freezer Forum

Bosch Fridge Freezer, freezer has stopped working

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Bosch Fridge Freezer, freezer has stopped working

Postby jansuen » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:44 am

My Bosch Fridge Freezer has stopped working for no apparent reason. The fridge part still works, the freezer doesnt. It will be 7 years old in December and I consider it was expensive and expected it to last much longer. Do you think there is something simple wrong with it that I can rectify or do you think I should just cut my losses and get something new? Ie if it is the compressor how much would that cost to buy and get fitted? It is a frost free freezer (it is very frost free at the moment!) Thanks. JN
jansuen
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Fridge storage shelves and trays

“Shelves
You can buy replacement shelves and storage trays in our store here to fit all popular makes including shelves for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Bosch Fridge Freezer, freezer has stopped working

Postby Simon46 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:08 am

E- nr please.

Regards
S.
Simon46
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby gegsy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:22 am

Simon46 wrote:E- nr please.

Regards
S.

[img]http://www.cooqy.com/blog/images/crystalball.jpg[/img]
gegsy
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby jansuen » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Dear Simon - I have sent you a private email I think. I have just found this site and am not too sure how to use it. The second reply from the other user was a bit offputting!
jansuen
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

asn't meant to be off putting

Postby gegsy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi
Wasn't meant to be off putting, just its an ongoing thing that model numbers are not given as it can be annoying when repetetive as it does state at the top of the forum to supply the information :wink:
Please post the model number and we will endeavour to advise, as private PM to fix/diagnose is not the done thing really :)

Greg
gegsy

Postby jansuen » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:02 pm

Oh, I see - I didnt read the forum stuff I must admit!

E-Nr is KGU 32160 GB/02

Since I originally asked the question this morning, I have turned the fridge freezer off, taken out all the (almost) frozen food, and found that there was a very small amount of frost on the back wall of the freezer.

I wiped that off and left freezer off for a few minutes, then started it up again.

it was on +09 to start with and has (after several hours) now gone down to -06, but I am not sure if it will get any colder than that as it is having a bit of a struggle I think! (I put the food back in too in the hope that I can save it).

Thanks
Jan N
jansuen
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby gegsy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi
It sounds like a defrost problem. What I would do is switch appliance off (min 24hrs) then switch back on and see how it behaves.
I wouldn't fill freezer with good stuff, maybe only with cheap stuff (bread etc) as frost free appliances work harder empty and can cause problems.
If fault doesn't re-occur then brilliant, it may have been just a glitch or door having been left ajar making an un-recoverable defrost state.If you do have a problem, come back to us and we will delve further for you :D

Greg
gegsy

Postby Washman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:24 pm

Hi

You will need to turn freezer off and defrost it completely for 48 hours before switching back on ,as the freezing coil is most likely frozen up. Then keep an eye on freezer , if the same problem happens in a week or so then you most likely have a defrost heater or timer fault.

washman
Washman
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby gegsy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:26 pm

Ello washman :waving:
gegsy

Postby Washman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:28 pm

Hi :waving:
Washman
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby jansuen » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:55 pm

Ok then, will do as you say and hope that fault gets rectified.

If it is still faulty, is it worth having someone out to fix it, or should I just cut my losses and buy a new fridge freezer. What I dont want to do is pay out a lot of money to have it looked at and then find that I have to buy a new one anyway.

Thanks for all your help and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Jan N
jansuen
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby gegsy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi
Let's see what transpires from defrost and restart :wink:
IMHO if it turns out to be faulty, shouldn't be too much a problem to sort :D

Greg
gegsy

Postby jansuen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:33 am

Hello again - waited just over 24 hours and then switched the fridge freezer back on again. It read +19 at the time of switch on. That was 12 hours ago and the fridge part has just got itself to the temperature I selected which is 05. The freezer has gone down to -06 and I have selected -18. How long do you think it should take to get to -18 if it is going to please?
jansuen
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby gegsy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:54 pm

Hi
It should be down to -18 after 12 hours TBH.
I would consider pro help IMHO as these are quite complex machines; and thats not meant to be condescending, its just that you will need tech info and knowledge of these appliances to effect a successful repair.

Greg
gegsy

Postby jansuen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Hello again Greg - No, it is hopeless, the freezer is only as cold as the fridge. The fridge is ok, but the freezer ain't!

Sorry I dont understand IMHO and TBH.

Do you think it is worth paying someone to come out (I dont know who I will get as the nearest uk whitegoods engineer is miles away from me). Or do you think it could be so complex it cannot be fixed.

As I said before I dont want to pay out for it to be looked at and then pay out for a new machine as well, I would rather cut my losses and start again with a new one. What do you think please?
jansuen
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Next

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum