Fridge And Freezer Forum

Noisy Siemens Fridge Freezer

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Noisy Siemens Fridge Freezer

Postby Stompa » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:57 pm

I've got a Siemens KS24V02 Fridge Freezer, which has become pretty noisy.

It started emitting a very loud buzzing noise, I shifted it a bit and that seemed to reduce the noise. Subsequently I defrosted the freezer, and on switching it back on, the internal bulb blew, and the fridge did not restart.

A combination of switching it off and on a few times, and shifting the fridge a little seemed to coax it back to life, but it's now buzzing quite a lot when it comes on - any ideas?

It's around 8 years old, is it worth getting it repaired or would I be better off replacing it?

Thanks

Stompa
Stompa

Advertisement

Fridge & freezer thermostats

“Thermostats
You can buy replacement thermostats in our store here to fit all popular makes including thermostats for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Postby Penguin45 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:10 am

Sounds a bit tired..... The noise is probably coming from the compressor - it should be sitting on four rubber shock mountings. These settle over time and can lead to a variety of interesting noises, most of which, whilst irritating, are harmless.

Hopefully the bulb blowing was just a result of dampness caused by the defrost process.

Seimens/Bosch is generally decent gear - probably worth getting someone in to check it out - have a look in the Directories section for a UKW engineer in your area, or pop your postcode up and someone will pick up on it.

Regards,
Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Re: Noisy Siemens Fridge Freezer

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:02 am

have a look in the Directories section for a UKW engineer in your area, or pop your postcode up and someone will pick up on it.

OK, thanks. I'm in Cambridge (CB4) - which doesn't seem to be covered in the Directories section.

Stompa

Re: Noisy Siemens Fridge Freezer

Postby tonyclifton » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:22 pm

Stompa

what part of cambridge are you as i cover that area one day aweek
if you want someone to take a look let me know
regards
Tony
tonyclifton
Banned User

• Advertisement

Fridge storage shelves and trays

“Shelves
You can buy replacement shelves and storage trays in our store here to fit all popular makes including shelves for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum