Hey Streetlighter and Martin...
Nah, still dead
I've tried different mains sockets for it, still nothing. It certainly was draining out OK to begin with - it was fine doing a prewash when I first plumbed it in to rinse out any gunk.
As I say, I've removed the pump cover like it explains in the user guide and made sure the impeller can move OK. I've tried changing the connection that the inlet pipe/aquastop was connected to but still no change.
The weird thing is that occasionally if I hit the power switch it *tries* to do something because there is a *clunk* and you can see/feel/hear the cold fill pipe momentarily pressurising. Neither of the displays show anything at all now, and because I don't think it's getting any power to the control panel I can't do a reset as described in the guide.
Ach well, thanks anyway guys, guess I'll wait to see what Comet have to say about it on Monday - I want it replaced under the terms of their DOA clause and don't really want to have to wait 'til next Saturday for someone to come out and look at it and go 'aye, its knackered mate'.