I have an Ariston Margherita AWD12S, S/N 212113749. It is about five years old.
It started playing up recently, so I checked the pump and removed a strip of metal that had come from a shirt. Now it behaves as follows when turned on on any programme:
- fills with water (couple of inches visible in drum)
- heater operates until some condensation is visible inside door (2-3 mins)
- No activity or noise for about five mins
- Pump kicks in and drains the machine and then continues pumping once there's nothing left to pump
- Only way to stop it is to turn it off
During this time, the light stays on and the dial remains in the original position.
I'll add that previously I've had to remove an object from the pump, with seemingly no ill effects.
Also, recently a wedge I have under one of its feet to keep it level became dislodged, resulting in pretty hefty vibrations. I replaced the wedge and it seemed ok for a few washes before the current problems. I don't know if that's relevant, but if I was a cicuit board in there, I'd be dizzy at the least!
If it's any help, I can put a video of it on youtube.