Penguin45 wrote:Lid switch is just that, a switch - so you could bridge it for testing purposes only - it is a safety feature after all.
Tried that and no change
To verify I borrowed a multimeter and the lid switch checks out OK. Also put it across the OOB switch and that is also OK.
So here is what I have done
For some time the start/pause had been giving trouble so I finally weakened and replaced the switch, and everything worked like a bought one. Last Friday and the machine completed the (thankfully) last wash cycle and shut down kaput! Dead as dodo.
Completed the test programme as follows
1. Hold "wash temp down" press power and hold both, all lights come on, then after about 4secs
2. all top lights are out + water level reads, top to bottom, 101
3. press advance once
4. result right to left = 00100000 + water level 001
5. spin toggle disabled, I get 4 quick beeps from either button
6. press advance once
7. all top lights are out + water level reads, top to bottom, 101
8. spin toggle now enabled, toggle to slow/hold, no change to lights
9. press advance once
10. result right to left = 00100000 + water level 001, same as line 4 and 5
11 press advance once, and you start going around in circles getting the same results as before.
If I toggle spin button all the way to fast
12. result 01101000 + water level 101, and spin fast
amended result, while I was writing this
13. result 11101000 + water level 101, and spin fast
Could it be that line 13 spells the death of the washer? or could it be saying a new board is required?
I have checked the pump and that is not blocked, so I don't know where to go.