Australasian Appliance Forum

Fisher & Paykel - Fault code 56 - GW611 Excellence mashi

Posts from Australia, New Zealand and that continent in general

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn, bigsmokepiker

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Fisher & Paykel - Fault code 56 - GW611 Excellence mashi

Postby subieboy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:03 am

HI there

Machine:

Fisher & Paykel GW611 Excellence.
Fault code displayed from procedure: Code 56 (or 00111000)

The machine will randomly stop during the spin cycle.

Did a quick search however I was unable to find anything on this fault code...

Thank you

Tony
subieboy
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Fridge & freezer door hinges

Door hinges for most fridges and freezers including built in and integrated from popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
You can buy replacement door hinges in our store here to fit all popular makes including Ingol, Hettich and other hinges for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Fisher & Paykel - Fault code 56 - GW611 Excellence m

Postby bigsmokepiker » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:23 pm

Bowl check error
More than likely RPS (Rotor Postion Sensor ) fault
First check that there are no clothes or foriegn objects stuck between bowls (they can prevent the bowl clutch from disengaging)
There are numerous threads relating to the RPS (located under bowl near the motor)
bigsmokepiker
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Re: Fisher & Paykel - Fault code 56 - GW611 Excellence m

Postby subieboy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:24 am

Thanks mate,

well I pulled of the rotor ferrite and low and behold there was issue #1, a nice big crack traversing from the bridged terminals to about 13mm short of the centre:
[img]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj31/riandtony/Random/FPStator3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj31/riandtony/Random/FPStator2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj31/riandtony/Random/FPStator1.jpg[/img]

I then had the bright spark idea of doing a continuity test on the RPS itself, there was very intermittent continuity while testing all the terminals - importantly the values changed on my DMM but no buzzer and after about 1 sec the value would return to 1...

So I have the new stator now (old part# 426454 and new part #426454P) but also found that the RPS wont fit to the new stator...

Apparently Fisher and Paykel doesn't make the original stator any more, would that be right?
subieboy
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Washing machine not filling with water?

Buy washing machine water valves and other washing machine spare parts
If your washing does not fill up with water then it is likely that your water supply is faulty or the water fill valve in your machine is. Find replacement water valves in our store including many low cost compatible fill valves for all major brands such as Hoover, Hotpoint, Beko, AEG and more

Return to Australasian Appliance Forum