Fridge And Freezer Forum

Beko AP930 No water supply to ice cube tray

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Beko AP930 No water supply to ice cube tray

Postby AdamSmile » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi,

I recently had E8 on my Beko so I found this forum, bought the ice cube tray sensor and replaced it (the old one had been almost completely severed). The E8 disappeared. That was easy I thought...

I have been waiting for ice cubes to appear for about 24 hours. There are none.
The ice tray does not fill with water. I checked the back of the freezer and found that a tube had become dislodged from what might be the feed into the ice cube tray. I reconnected this - still no water coming through.

There was a filter warning on the freezer, which I have cancelled by holding one of the button for 5 seconds.

Other interesting information - when I press Ice off, then Ice on again, the ice cube tray rotates about 5 degress toward the back of the machine, then 5 degrees toward the front, then nothing happens. It sounds a bit laboured - is the arm supposed to move as well?

Anyone have any ideas as to why the water won't fill the ice tray?

Thanks

Adam
http://www.smilecomputersolutions.com
Last edited by AdamSmile on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdamSmile
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Re: Beko AP930 No water supply to ice cube tray

Postby AdamSmile » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:54 am

I have managed to solve my own problem so I thought I would post my own answer so that other people can benefit.

The reason the tube on the back had popped off was because the tube inside the freezer was blocked with solid ice, so every time I reattached the tube on the back, it popped off again due to the water pressure building up against the blockage.

I squirted hot water into the tube with a syringe until it came through into the ice cube tray inside. I suppose defrosting the freezer would also work.

Hey presto, problem solved.

Thanks Adam, You're welcome Adam.
AdamSmile
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby johnsdad » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:38 pm

The reason the tube freezes is because the heater switch under the dispenser is in the off position
johnsdad
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby AdamSmile » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:42 pm

johnsdad wrote:The reason the tube freezes is because the heater switch under the dispenser is in the off position

Thank you johnsdad. I checked this switch and it was not depressed. I wondered if the pipe would refreeze and how long it would take.

God only knows why Beko assume my kids won't press any unidentified switch at any opportunity.

Thanks again
Adam
AdamSmile
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Fridge water filters

Fridge water filters with free Timestrip for all fridge freezers including popular makes like Samsung, LG, Liebherr, Maytag, Whirlpool and many more
You can buy replacement fridge water filters including many low cost compatible water filters in our store here for all major fridge freezer makes including American fridge freezers as well as built in and integrated models from Samsung, LG, Liebherr, Maytag, Whirlpool and many more

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum