Buying Advice

Oven / hob / fridge-freezer / hood choices: thoughts please!

Get advice from repairers, independent repairers and other users on which appliances like washing machines, cookers, ovens etc. are the best and the best to buy for your needs

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Oven / hob / fridge-freezer / hood choices: thoughts please!

Postby TaraBT » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:12 am

Hi

I am selecting new appliances for a new kitchen and after some research I have whittled it down to the following which I would love to have some thoughts on:

Oven: Electrolux EOB66714X (single built under oven)
This has a side opening which I think will be easier to access being built under and also in a kitchen which does not have much space between worktops (where a bottom-hinged door may get in the way).

Also, I have read on this forum about it not being advisable to have a double oven with an induction hob due to the requirement for extra ventilation for the fans. I was just wondering whether the magnets inside the induction hob may cause problems with the oven at all, and if there such things as deflector kits to reduce this risk? This is the only place I can have the hob and oven, so if it's really a no-no to have an oven under an induction hob, I guess I should start investigating halogen or ceramic options...

This will be fitted into a peninsula unit, so would it be sensible to cut a small vent at the back of the unit (which faces into my dining area) to ensure good air circulation?

Hob: Zanussi ZIT64X (induction)
I like the look and power range of this hob - I can't find any reviews on this, but other reviews for Zanussi hobs seem to quite good...

Fridge/freezer: Hotpoint HMB312AAI (70:30 integrated)
This seems to have good proportions in the fridge section and has pretty good reviews.

Hood: Franke FGL904IXS
I need an island extractor fan... this has a max recirculation of 585m3/hr (which is sufficient for my kitchen-diner) and has a reasonable noise level of 52-69 dB. Cannot find a review of this but Franke seem to have good reviews for other extractor hoods.

Does anyone have any opinions on my choices of makes and models? Advice on the oven installation would be appreciated!

Thanks

Tara
TaraBT
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Find an reputable appliance engineer for washing machine repairs, dishwasher repairs, fridge repair, freezer repairs, cooker repairs, oven repairs, hob repairs, fridge freezer repairs, washer dryer repairs, tumble dryer repairs

Re: Oven / hob / fridge-freezer / hood choices: thoughts ple

Postby don » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:54 am

Hi Tara

Fitting an induction hob over a built under double is always a no no as you cannot achieve ample ventilation for the cooling fans to keep the hob fuctioning correctly.

A single oven is fine as long as the installation is in line with the guidance notes on page four of the instruction manual

Bosch produce a single oven which you can have either right or left hand hinge while Neff have a couple with a slide away door for even more space saving.

HTH :)

Don
don
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

• Advertisement

Fridge water filters

Fridge water filters with free Timestrip for all fridge freezers including popular makes like Samsung, LG, Liebherr, Maytag, Whirlpool and many more
You can buy replacement fridge water filters including many low cost compatible water filters in our store here for all major fridge freezer makes including American fridge freezers as well as built in and integrated models from Samsung, LG, Liebherr, Maytag, Whirlpool and many more

Return to Buying Advice