Dishwasher Help Forum

Hotpoint Aquarius DWF30

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic

Buy spare parts for dishwashers

Dishwasher spare parts available to buy in our online store
Get dishwasher spare parts in our store and much more for all major makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Hotpoint Aquarius DWF30

Postby roxey64 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:13 pm

hi my problem is that the tablet door has come off , i have the door and spring which look undamaged but cant see how they go back on apart from that my dishwasher that i have had for five years is working fine my fiancee says the same thing happened to one of her dishwashers and she used to just throw the tablet in before starting it , but a prewash or rinse of the dishes would start to desolve the tablet so i would like to get the tablet door back on asap thanks in advance
roxey64
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Re: Hotpoint Aquarius DWF30

Postby kwatt » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi,

Ordinarily these are only supplied as a full dispenser and you can't buy any of the parts, like the flap etc, as separate spares I'm afraid.

For that dishwasher the full dispenser is this part:

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Dishwash ... enser.html

I cannot see any of the spares for that one being available as I suspected.

HTH

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator

Postby iadom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:18 pm

The dispenser lid and the spring are available, the lid is a stupid price of £40 from the Indesit Company, part number 1801205, spring and latch assembly is 1801200. It is a really fiddly thing to put back on and virtually impossible for anyone to describe how to do it TBH. you have to fit the spring to the lug on the flap and then onto the lug on the dispenser and then gently force the two lips of the flap over the grooves of the dispenser, even with the spring in your hand you have to look at it a few times to work out which way it goes back, unless you have just removed it of course. :wink:

Is the small lug broken off under the dispenser lid? If this is still in place then you may just need a spring. Even though the spring comes with the latch, nine times out of ten I usually just refit the spring.

This is a Bosch based machine and these parts will be much cheaper direct from Bosch.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby kwatt » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Is it this kit Jim...

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/Dishwash ... h+Kit.html

BTW, we're usually cheaper than Bosch on spares. ;)

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt

Postby roxey64 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:24 pm

hi thanks for the replys but i dont need any parts i just need to know how to put them back on
roxey64
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby iadom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Thats the one Ken, it comes with all those bits even though you only need the spring most of the time, not sure what the Bosch part number for the lid is but it will be a lot cheaper than £40.

Its usually a broken spring or the small lug on the flap that has broken off.
iadom

Postby iadom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:25 pm

roxey64 wrote:hi thanks for the replys but i dont need any parts i just need to know how to put them back on

If it has come off once, it will come off again in short order, unless of course it was deliberately removed in the first place. :wink:
iadom

Postby roxey64 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:44 pm

i have in the past put them back on but that was over three years ago the lug is still there and works and si is the spring, its thw door that has opened up a bit allowing the guide lugs down the sidse to let the door come free
roxey64
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby iadom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:33 pm

It will have swollen with heat and age, a new door is your best option, a decent quality machine unlike the current Indesit dross masquerading as Hotpoint, well worth sorting out properly TBH.

The Bosch part number is 166621, even direct from Bosch its half the Indesit/Hotpoint price, you may even get it cheaper from spares@ukwhitegoods.co.uk

If I actually had a complete dispenser drawer in front of me I may have been able to give you some pointers but although I have done many of these over the years it is something I do only once or twice a year at most, when you have the spring in your hand it is just a matter of experimenting to get it into the correct position, its certainly not something I could do 'with my eyes closed' hence the difficulty in trying to describe the way it fits. :cry:

This is about the best I can do as far as an image goes, and there is no certainty that the spring is shown in the correct orientation.
Attachments
Dispenser spring.jpg
Dispenser spring.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
iadom

Postby roxey64 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:29 pm

thanks for the advice it has now been fitted and is working cheers for all your help
roxey64
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Dishwasher not draining?

Drain pumps for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more
If your dishwasher will not drain the cause will often be that either the drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the dishwasher failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible dishwasher pumps in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum