Fridge And Freezer Forum

Whirlpool integrated undercounter fridge not cooling

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Whirlpool integrated undercounter fridge not cooling

Postby omega3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Dear Whitegoods

I have an aging Whirlpool integrated undercounter fridge with a small freezer compartment. It is a UC 148 A/Z.
Recently the door light failed so I replaced the bulb but that did not work. then the compressor note changed and now it does not whant to cool down or seem to reach the desiered temparature ie buzzing away all the time. is it fixable or need replacing it is at least 9 years old.
Oh and the freezer door is broken and now taped up.
Advise please.
Thanks
omega3
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Fridge storage shelves and trays

“Shelves
You can buy replacement shelves and storage trays in our store here to fit all popular makes including shelves for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Whirlpool integrated undercounter fridge not cooling

Postby kwatt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:30 pm

In all honesty, I wouldn't advise spending any money on it at the age of it, I'd replace it.

Whirlpool parts are stupid expensive but, even at that, it sounds as if you've got a compressor failure so a repair would be the lion's share in cost of a replacement. With the age, just not worth it.

HTH

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator
Appliance Forum Administrator

Re: Whirlpool integrated undercounter fridge not cooling

Postby omega3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:14 pm

K

many thanks I thought as much.

Omega3
omega3
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Fridge water filters

Fridge water filters with free Timestrip for all fridge freezers including popular makes like Samsung, LG, Liebherr, Maytag, Whirlpool and many more
You can buy replacement fridge water filters including many low cost compatible water filters in our store here for all major fridge freezer makes including American fridge freezers as well as built in and integrated models from Samsung, LG, Liebherr, Maytag, Whirlpool and many more

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum