Vacuum Cleaner Help Forum

new cleaner for house with all hard floors

All about floor cleaners, vacuum cleaners, polishers etc. for all leading brands, Miele, Dyson, Hoover, Sebo, Electrolux, Numatic and all others. For vacuum cleaner spares, bags etc. click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for vacuum cleaners

“Spare
Get spare parts including bags and filters for your vac in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

new cleaner for house with all hard floors

Postby Savlona » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi,
My husband has killed my vax cylinder cleaner, having thrown out a cylindrical bit of the dust tank which vax has quoted 21 pounds to replace. Given that it's also lost a wheel and the cord doesn't reach from one end of the kitchen to the other, I reckon it's time to retire it.
I like the look of Henry - I know Sebo and Miele get good reviews too, but my husband will take some convincing to pay that much and Henry also looks hard to kill.
I did persuade him to buy an ISE washer though...
Your opinions please :D
Savlona
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Re: new cleaner for house with all hard floors

Postby kwatt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Sebo. ;)

Way better than a Henry. Like way, way better.

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt
Appliance Forum Administrator

Postby Savlona » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Ok, which model would you recommend for all hard floors and do they have a decent cable length- sounds daft but was really irritating on my vax...
Savlona
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby kwatt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:24 pm

If it's all hard floors, any of the cylinders without a turbo head on it will be fine IMO.

Don may be able to add more.

K.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

Domestic appliance spare parts Find an appliance engineer here
kwatt

Postby don » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Savlona

Totally agree with Ken :D

I would go with the Sebo D2 Storm it ticks all your boxes and has a massive cleaning radius of 15.5m.

Don
don
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby keepitsimple » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:32 am

I have 2 Sebo vacuums - a K series and a Felix. Can confirm what others have said, that they are quality machines that work extremely well, especially having owned a Dyson before....

For hard floors, you might consider getting the Parquet floor attachment (the one with small wheels). The standard head that comes with the machines is good, but I've found the parquet one to be very manoeuvrable especially around furniture.

On the other hand, unless one comes with the machine you buy, don't bother with the small upholstery turbo brush. A disappointingly poor piece of kit from this manufacturer. Suspect they don't actually manufacture them and just re-badge something else, as they look identical to others I've seen with different names printed on them.
keepitsimple
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Postby Savlona » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks for the advice-and I know it's honest as you don't even sell the D2 :wink: - now how do I persuade a husband who balked at the price of the Henry to fork out double for the Sebo 8O
Savlona
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

• Advertisement

Return to Vacuum Cleaner Help Forum