Buying Advice

Best Hotpoint Washing Machine

Get advice from repairers, independent repairers and other users on which appliances like washing machines, cookers, ovens etc. are the best and the best to buy for your needs

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Best Hotpoint Washing Machine

Postby far78 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Yes, yes I know it's a bit of an oxymoron but we need to know what is the best Hotpoint washing machine around the sub-£400 price range as ours is due to be written off by them. Any idea what's a decent (relatively speaking) model around that price range. Our current WMA13 lasted nearly 9 years with just a small handful of minor repairs before a major failure about 5 weeks ago now.

If they offer this option, would we be better off going for another Indesit family brand or are they all the same quality?
far78
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Dishwasher basket wheels and rollers

Dishwasher basket wheels for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
Get a replacement basket wheels and rollers for your dishwasher in our store here including built in and integrated dishwashers for major makes including Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Best Hotpoint Washing Machine

Postby iadom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Hotpoint as such do not exist anymore, you would be getting a 100% Indesit machine. Most of the trade insert the letter H between the S & the second I in Indesit, there are several very good reasons for this. :rolls:

If you are paying out of your own pocket then you should spend your £400 on a Bosch machine, far superior to any Indesit Company product.

Frankly the words Indesit and quality do not belong in the same sentence unless qualified by 'poor'. :rolls:

All of their machines have totally sealed outer drums.

Sealed drums
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby far78 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 am

Oh I agree - we're not paying tho. If it was £400 or so I was paying out of my own pocket, or even vouchers, I'd be buying a crescent handled Bosch and know that that will last me a while and be reliable :( Alas, a certain major retailer - that may or may not bear a similarity to an Indian food - has decided that for write-offs, they only do a brand like-for-like replacement - no budging, no exceptions :( In fact Hotpoint/Indesit will be handling this as well, so no escaping this :( Ah well....
far78
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby iadom » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 am

Whatever model you get it will have been made in Italy or Poland to the same 'high' standards. :(
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom

Postby washtronics » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 pm

the aqualtis are reasonable quality machines, but still have sealed tanks and fragile electronics, as long as you get an extra warranty on it then go for aqualtis
washtronics
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Buying Advice