Cooker And Oven Forum

Bosch Gas Hob Ignitor Not Working

This forum is for any cooking appliances that you need help with like cookers, ovens, hobs, hoods & microwaves. For cooker and oven spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for cookers and built in ovens

“Spare
Get spare parts for your cooker or built in oven in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Postby pmac » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi all, I have a Bosch 5 burner gas hob, and the ignitors have stopped working on all of the burners. It is the type where you push down the regulator to operate the ignitors, but when you push it down you get no clicking or any sign of life. I have checked that all of the electrodes are clean and clear, and that that the 230v supply is live and getting to the hob. You can light the burners with a lighter, and they remain alight, so I assume the thermocouplers are working correctly. Is there a central spark generator in the hob that I can replace, or any other common fault that it could be?
The only numbers I can find on the hob are on the plate on the underside of the hob, they are as follows:
E-Nr PCL785FGB /07
FD 8602/00255
Type HSE-7FB4W30 CE-99BM748
If there are any parts I can replace, any pointers of what parts I need, or any help at all, will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance Paul.
pmac
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Grill not heating up any more?

Buy Fan oven elements and other heating elements for built in ovens and cookers online
If the grill in your oven or cooker doesn’t heat up any more then there is a good chance that the heating element has failed. Find a new heating element in our store including many low cost compatible heating elements for all major brands including Belling, Bosch, Beko, Lamona, Diplomat and many more

Postby r600a » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:32 am

Hi

Looks like the ignition generator has failed.

Bryan
r600a
WTA Team Member
WTA Team Member

Re: Bosch Gas Hob Ignitor Not Working

Postby pmac » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:59 am

Thanks Bryan, any ideas where I can get one from, are they unique to that model or do Bosch do a generic one?
I have searched for one on the Ukwhitegoods site, but have had no luck finding one. Can it be repaired, or is it time for a new hob?
Thanks Again Paul.
pmac
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby Martin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:39 am

pmac wrote:but have had no luck finding one.

Try clicking HERE :wink:
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby pmac » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks for the help and advice guys, I have ordered one, it will be with me next week, ready for a mate of mine who works for gas board to fit.
This is a fantastic forum, that has got me out of trouble several times, I would like to thank you all, and keep up the good work.
Paul (pmac)
pmac
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby mossy1283 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 am

Just out of interest did this ignition transformer work? I have got the same problem with my hob too which is the same model.
mossy1283
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Do you need an oven or cooker repair?

“Find
Find local approved built in oven and cooker repair companies using our free search of hundreds of repairers to find approved companies in your area that will repair almost any make of oven or cooker

Return to Cooker And Oven Forum