Fridge And Freezer Forum

Beko Ap930 not cooling enough

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Beko Ap930 not cooling enough

Postby biffo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:22 am

I have a Beko AP930 side by side american -style fridge-freezer, purchased just over a year ago. No problems with it until the weekend. The fan noise got louder and seemed to run almost constantly except when the door is opened. The fridge and freezer seemed to be getting warmer, so I removed everything in the freezer and switched it off to defrost it, with the door open overnight. After restarting for 24 hours, the freezer is now at 'cold fridge' temperature - it partially freezes some liquids - and the fridge is at just below room termperature. No errors on the control panel, except that the temperature indicator shows it isn't cold enough. Water dispenser was working, but not this morning. Ice dispenser isn't cold enough to freeze water anyway. Fan noise not noticeable today, but still not cold enough.

Any ideas?
biffo
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Fridge & freezer door hinges

Door hinges for most fridges and freezers including built in and integrated from popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
You can buy replacement door hinges in our store here to fit all popular makes including Ingol, Hettich and other hinges for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Beko Ap930 not cooling enough

Postby spimps » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:00 pm

You would need to switch off with door open for a minimum of 24 hours,36 would be better to ensure full clearance,sounds likle you have partially cleared it.
If it then happens again frther investigation would be needed.
You can buy a good car from a bad dealer and a bad car from a good dealer.
Tom Morley Esq circa 1980
spimps
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby biffo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks for your response. I went back to the fridge to empty it and discovered the bottom of the fridge was freezing food, although the top shelves were warm. I switched it off and left it 48 hours to defrost and then plugged it back in.

The loud fan noise isn't there any more now and the temperatures are still wrong - very cold at the bottom, warm at the top. In fact it's so cold at the bottom of the fridge that the water filter and the water reservoir have both frozen. Presumably this means the fan isn't working, since the bottom of the freezer is at the correct temperature, -18C, but the top is still warm, above freezing?
biffo
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Seamy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Circulation fan needs replaced, it has slowed up of seized.
Seamy
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby pauljygrant » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi All,
From reading several posts on this forum, I'm almost certain that my F/F has the same problem.
Can anyone give me some hits or advice how to access the fan?
Cheers, Paul
pauljygrant
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum