Fridge And Freezer Forum

Beko AP930 Fan Fault?

Use this forum for help and advice for fridges, freezers and fridge freezers. For fridge and freezer spares please click here

Moderators: Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for fridge freezers

“Fridge,
Get spare parts for your fridge, freezer or fridge freezer in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares and water filters or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Beko AP930 Fan Fault?

Postby pauljygrant » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 am

Hi All,
I have a Beko AP930 American style fridge freezer and a few days ago, the water stopped (discovered it had frozen at the bottom of the fridge) and the circulation fan started making a grinding noise (fan stopped altogether a few hours later).
The main problem I have is that we brought the unit with us from the UK to Australia when we migrated and no engineer over here has worked on this brand. However, one engineer did agree to have a go and upon stripping out the back of the freezer behind the ice machine, he located the failed fan unit.
He did not have an exact replacement but tried to fit a generic motor to the original fan which appears to be working.
However, after giving it 24 hours to reach operating temperatures, the same temperature problems exist, ie too freezing at the bottom of the fridge & too warm at the top of both the fridge and freezer.
Before I ask him to return, can anyone confirm the usual air movement in this type of machine - should the fan blow cold air from the freezer side into the top, or bottom of the fridge? By placing my hand over the vents, it feels like the air is being blown into the bottom of the fridge, but my uneducated thoughts is that possibly the air should fall through the fridge and therefore maybe the fan is running in the wrong direction?
Any comments or help gratefully appreciated.
Cheers, Paul
pauljygrant
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Re: Beko AP930 Fan Fault?

Postby captaincaveman1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 pm

yes that most certainly is the evaporator fan motor thats failed for thats exactly the symtoms you get so i suspect the fan thats fitted is not suitable if you want to remove the fan then it is replaced from inside the freezer you need to remove the ice draw and the clear flap and tray above it now you will see the ice maker and this clipped in so to remove it you have to grasp it and pull forward this just about gives you the room to remove the white cover in front of the fan then 2 screws hold the fan in place and the wiring unclips from a small socket. The fan should turn clockwise towards the fridge. My firm and im sure others would send a fan assy to you from the uk
captaincaveman1
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Beko AP930 Fan Fault?

Postby bryan-206 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Air should flow into top of fridge and return at the bottom. If the "generic fan fitted blows the wrong way. Temp issues will continue. Some fans allow you to flip the windings over. Reversing the flow. As with freezer air should blow from the top and return at the bottom. "cold air falls" as you suggested

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?polyzt
bryan-206
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

• Advertisement

Fridge & freezer thermostats

“Thermostats
You can buy replacement thermostats in our store here to fit all popular makes including thermostats for built in and integrated models from Diplomat, Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Fridge And Freezer Forum