I recently brought a second hand Creda Tumble Dryer which has now become faulty.
It was witnessed working fully before I purchased it. I gave it a very good clean when I got it home to remove all excess fluff and cleaned all filters.
It has worked fine for 2 weeks, but when I went to put a washload in earlier it blew the trip switch on the consumer unit as soon as I pressed the "start" button. It has not blown the fuse on the plug, nor on the extension lead. It didn't blow the whole house main, only plugs and lights on a certain ring. I have tried the plug on different rings and also ensured I'm not drawing too much current (i.e. no kettles or electric ovens on at the same time as the dryer) but I've had no luck.
Although it blows instantly on "high heat" setting, I have tried switching it to "gentle heat" which works with no problems! I've tried several loads on this setting (in fact it dries everything almost as quickly!) and it has not blown the trip switch, but as soon as I press "high heat" it trips.
I'm hoping that this might be an easy fix because I didn't pay enough for the dryer to warrant an expensive repair!
Thanks in advance for all your help!