Washing Machine Help Forum

hoover optima oph714d

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Re: hoover optima oph714d

Postby Martin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:16 pm

itsbroke wrote:He said my replacement element was faulty.

Well I never, fancy that eh. :lol:
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Advertisement

Washing machine drive belt broken?

Buy washing machine drive belts and other washing machine spare parts
If your washing drum does not turn then it is possible that the drive belt in your machine has snapped or broken. Find a new drive belt in our store including many low cost compatible drive belts for all major brands. Do also check for carbon brush wear if the belt is not broken when you get no drum rotation

Postby Waterboy Iggy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Well in the end I ordered a new heating element (£30 with postage), changed it over this morning (easy job, one spanner on the Haynes scale!) and indeed the problem seems to be solved! Pretty frustrating that there IS a code for heating element gone (e16) but the one that comes up is drain time out (e03)!!

Thanks to all for the advise and tips, very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Iggy
Waterboy Iggy
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Martinpcook » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi all

I'm having the same fault E03 on a dyn8164 machine however I have checked the drain pump which is clear. Also removed the pressure tube from the pressure switch, therefore taking out blockages. I have seen the posts regarding the element but I'm running the machine on soon cycle only so this shouldn't come in to play?

Possible pcb fault? But that's the last option I wanna try
Martinpcook
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Applianceman2010 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 pm

An interesting update, off the back of this post i had a hoover w/m sitting in my workshop that i couldn't work out the fault on for ages (E03 if i recall correctly) . Changed the heater element and its now been for a while now and it has been in my kitchen happily working away ever since. Haven't seen this fault on any other m/c since.....
Domestic Appliance Repairs , Does as it says on the tin! http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/search/fi ... ineer.html
Applianceman2010
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Previous

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum