Vacuum Cleaner Help Forum

DYSON DC07

All about floor cleaners, vacuum cleaners, polishers etc. for all leading brands, Miele, Dyson, Hoover, Sebo, Electrolux, Numatic and all others. For vacuum cleaner spares, bags etc. click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for vacuum cleaners

“Spare
Get spare parts including bags and filters for your vac in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

DYSON DC07

Postby iceman007 » Sun May 07, 2006 2:42 pm

I have a problem with my Dyson DC07 (one of the root cyclone ones). The motor keeps cutting out after about 5 minutes when first used, and then you have to wait for a few minutes until it can be used and ten the motor cuts out every couple of minutes, as I think perhaps it's overheating and there must be a thermistor on the windings.

I have reached the conclusion that I probably ned to replace the motor, so the question is where can I get one. Also is it the same motor as in all upright Dysons, or do the use different motors??

Thanks. :?
iceman007
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Find an reputable appliance engineer for washing machine repairs, dishwasher repairs, fridge repair, freezer repairs, cooker repairs, oven repairs, hob repairs, fridge freezer repairs, washer dryer repairs, tumble dryer repairs

Re: DYSON DC07

Postby Penguin45 » Sun May 07, 2006 3:25 pm

Different motors across the range..... The one you need is here:

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.p ... cts_id=210

The motor will be shutting down on the thermal cut-out, therefore the motor is running hot. It is air-cooled, so check for restrictions, condition of filters and the like. The cone section at the top of the dust bin is notorious for choking up.

HTH,
Regards,
Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

• Advertisement

Return to Vacuum Cleaner Help Forum