Vacuum Cleaner Help Forum

Dyson Animal DC08

All about floor cleaners, vacuum cleaners, polishers etc. for all leading brands, Miele, Dyson, Hoover, Sebo, Electrolux, Numatic and all others. For vacuum cleaner spares, bags etc. click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Spare parts for vacuum cleaners

“Spare
Get spare parts including bags and filters for your vac in our store and many more parts for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Dyson Animal DC08

Postby freckles » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi all

I have a dyson DC08, which when i first bought it worked wonderfully. However the foot will not pick up animal hairs anymore.

I clean the filters regulary, but makes no difference, to the foot attachment for the stairs and the turbo brush attachment for lounge carpets etc.

I think that i possibly need a new turbo brush. Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks

freckles
freckles
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Find an reputable appliance engineer for washing machine repairs, dishwasher repairs, fridge repair, freezer repairs, cooker repairs, oven repairs, hob repairs, fridge freezer repairs, washer dryer repairs, tumble dryer repairs

Re: Dyson Animal DC08

Postby Trilobite » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:04 am

Some of the turbo-nozzles have a mesh/diaphragm, that by pressing in, stops the brush turning (suction only cleaning). Pulling this diaphragm back out, starts it up again.

Have you checked the hose, extension tubes, and floor-nozzles for blockages?

Make sure that there is nothing clogging the 'dirty-air duct', which connects the hose to the 'clear bin'. Cigarette wrappers and sweety papers can do so.

Pine needles from real Christmas trees can clog the plastiflex hoses.

Turbo-nozzles have to be periodically disassembled to remove the fluff and hair, else they cease to operate efficiently. Take it apart according to the instruction leaflets.

The filters have to be WASHED, then be dried BONE DRY, or else they will not work efficiently. The machine requires a fast through-put of air to allow the turbo-nozzles to operate.
Trilobite
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Vacuum Cleaner Help Forum