UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Spare Parts Help

Hoover Logic 1200 A3786 Counterface ring

If you are looking for a spares for your washing machine, dishwasher, fridge freezer of any other appliance or need help with a part post a request in this forum and we will help you or jump straight to the online spares store from this link

Spare parts for all domestic appliances

“Spare
Get spare parts including accessories and filters for your kitchen appliances in our store for all major makes and models including many low cost spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

by ian25 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi
Could anyone point me to where I could obtain a counterface ring (ceramic washer) for the above machine (Hoover Logic 1200 A3786 S/N A378600202717) please. I understand from a previous post on this forum the Hoover part no for the counterface ring is 682546, but unfortunately the site that was referred to no longer has this part. The ring sits at the base of the shaft on the spider and mates against the bearing seal on the tub back plate.

I successfully replaced the bearings on this machine in the summer with parts from this site but the counterface ring was split. I managed to glue it but didn't expect it to last too long. It worked for three months, but the machine has now started leaking around the bearing so I presume the ring has failed. Otherwise the machine works well and is not in too bad condition considering its around 25 years old. It seems a shame to scrap it all for the sake of ceramic washer!

Any help much appreciated. Thank you.
ian25
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Is your oven not heating up?

Should your oven not heat up then there is a good chance that the fan heating element has failed. Find a new one in our store including many low cost compatible heating elements for all major brands and we will support you in finding the element you need but also check thermostats including any safety thermostats that many modern ovens and cookers have fitted

Buy Fan oven elements and other heating elements for built in ovens and cookers online

by kaibart » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Unfortunately part is no longer available part number is09028960
kaibart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by ian25 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:47 am

Hi Kaibart,
Thanks for your help.
I don't think that is the right part - it is the ceramic counterface ring which sits on the spider that I am looking for. This mates against the seal which is the part you have listed. I have subsequently managed to find a link and a Hoover part no 09078080. https://www.espares.co.uk/product/es185 ... rface-seal
Although I fear this part is no longer available too. Any help in locating one gratefully received.
ian25
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by kaibart » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Screenshot_2017-11-13-21-01-39.png
This is the drawing please tell me which number you need
kaibart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by Martin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am

kaibart wrote:This is the drawing please tell me which number you need

Your schematic doesn't show it Kai but the OP showed you the part he needed in his last post. The counterface seal normally is part of the drum shaft though was available as a seperate part when the bearings failed and the carbon seal was scored.

Sadly this part is rarer than Dodo eggs
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (18.83 KiB) Viewed 205 times
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by kaibart » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:37 pm

This machine is before I started repairing Martin if you can help great but I can’t see that part listed on hoovers website
kaibart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by ian25 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks guys. Martin's description of the part is correct. My understanding is that it is Hoover part no 09078080, but I have also seen it referred to as no 682546 and 18108wv. I think my best chance is finding one in the bottom of someone's drawer somewhere. I contacted a supplier and they said they used to make counterfaces for Hoover over 15 years ago, but their stock is long since gone.
ian25
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by ian25 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:24 pm

A brief update on this in case it helps someone else and a further question. I managed to get a drum counterface for a Candy machine "Candy Washing Machine Drum Counterface. Genuine Part Number 09001686". This seems more widely available (on Amazon, ebay etc) and it does fit. The outer diameter is the same but the inner diameter is a few mm larger. I have held it in place with some epoxy which is also padding the mm centre gap between the shaft and counterface (see pic). The bearing seal does seem to form a good seal with the counterface.

Now my question. Having stripped the machine this far should I also replace the bearings and seal? They are only a few months old and seem to be in good condition, although the bearing has clearly had water inside due to the leak. Driving out the bearings last time was a real pain which I would prefer to avoid doing again, but equally I want to avoid them failing in a few months if they've had water ingress. I am assuming I should change the bearing again now whilst I am at it, but any advice?

Thanks. .
Attachments
img_0025e.jpg
ian25
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by Martin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm

I would replace the bearings and seal having gone to that trouble anyway. They should be a doddle to remove, just apply a light greasing to the recess when tapping in new bearings.

That counterface does seem a little proud I must say. It’s been donkey’s years since I last did one and I recall they didn’t stick up quite so much but almost sat in a recess but I may be mistaken?
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Dishwasher basket wheels and rollers

Get a replacement basket wheels and rollers for your dishwasher in our store here including built in and integrated dishwashers for major makes including Lamona, Smeg, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Dishwasher basket wheels for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more

Return to Spare Parts Help

Oven & cooker switches

We supply switches and most other oven and cooker spare parts to the trade and public in our online spare parts store at terrific prices for all major brands including Smeg, Beko, Leisure, Stoves, Rangemaster, Britannia and many, many more

Shop online for
                        cooker and oven spare parts