Dishwasher Help Forum

Tricity Bendix dishwasher bizzare problem (not heating)

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic

Buy spare parts for dishwashers

Dishwasher spare parts available to buy in our online store
Get dishwasher spare parts in our store and much more for all major makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Re: Tricity Bendix dishwasher bizzare problem (not heating)

Postby justinbarrow » Tue May 16, 2006 8:31 am

when i first bought the dishwasher i was told that i wouldnt need much salt wether that means we have hard water or not im not sure.

Can these chambers be blocked so hard, it looks like white plastersine in the bottom of the chamber.

Right, off back to it see whats what, if only you could remove the chamber without having to take eveything off

Thanks again
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Advertisement

Do you need your dishwasher repaired?

“Find
Find local approved dishwasher repair companies using our free search of hundreds of repairers to find approved companies in your area that will repair almost any dishwasher including built in and integrated dishwashers

Postby Dave_Conway » Tue May 16, 2006 8:59 am

Try this

Descaler

:D
Dave_Conway
Appliance Forum Administrator

Postby justinbarrow » Tue May 16, 2006 10:40 am

cheers dave, but the machine wont fill with water or heat, but pumps out.

still trying to get this white stuff out of the chambers, do you think with the dishwasher only running cold hasnt helped as this helps fat and greese set.

can this stuff realy be hard as plastic? thought it may have been gungy but not hard.

blowing through the pipes underneath is not helping either

cheers

justin
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Postby Dave_Conway » Tue May 16, 2006 12:02 pm

The hard substance is limescale by the sound of it, hence my suggestion of descaler ;)

Dave.
Dave_Conway

Postby justinbarrow » Tue May 16, 2006 2:52 pm

right i have disconected the clear tub from the spigot under the sump also done the same with the red clear tube, put a container under the machine and got someone to pour water into both chambers and i get water comming through the 2 bottom spigots where the transparent hoses attach so seems it is not blocked.

Only thing now is i have 2 blue tubes one is longer and slightly bigger hole and ive forgot which way they should go? :roll:

Before i pored the water through i pulledof the clear transparent pip from underneath and when doing so heard the pressure switch click, so seems to be looking up.
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Postby justinbarrow » Tue May 16, 2006 5:28 pm

Well cleared it all out got water going through the 2 spigots under the sump where the blue tubes are and have refitted the smaller tube to the flood protection (the left of the chamber) and the longer blue tube to the pressure switch side (clear thin tube) the right side of the chamber container.

Then it started to fill with water and then it sounded like it stopped (about 30 seconds in) but could hear water like it was still running into the machine in fact thats exactly how it sounded just like water flowing underneath like it was leaking but seemed quieter than a normal fill. also when it first takes water it is making a sound like a fridge generator starting up, I also noticed this sound when it first broke.

Could this now be a faulty inlet valve as i have tested the pressure switch (3 pin type) and when gently blowing it opens and closes as it should. I have also noticed on the pressure switch that when the machine does not let any water in and is making the leaking sound that the pressure switch is switched to kick in the heater but the terminal to the grey wire to the inlet valve is open (no juice). When i test the pressure switch across the 3 terminals with the wires connected i get a continuity buzz across all 3 terminals but not when the cable are disconected from the switch (is this normal)

I will try for another day then get some one to it, i hope its not timer related. Got some numbers of the site so will get on with that in due course. Im thinking it may be something like timer (expensive part) and with call out charges on top feel it may not be worth repairing.

Thanks guys,

Justin.

EMAIL: justin.realsoundproductions@virgin.net

----- Original Message -----
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Postby gegsy » Tue May 16, 2006 7:45 pm

When you are doing your fault finding, I hope you are remembering to unplug your appliance prior :tup: Heaven forbid anything should happen to you :wink:

Greg
gegsy
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby justinbarrow » Tue May 16, 2006 9:12 pm

cheers it is powered off, but it is becoming a headache now.

Does anyone know of anything else it could be? thanks

Justin
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Postby Penguin45 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:36 pm

Justin,
Short blue tube goes in the left hand slot and feeds to the pressure switch. Long blue tube goes to the right and feeds the pneumatic shut off on the inlet valve. If reversed, the machine will fill once and stop filling on the shut off rather than the pressure switch. As a result, the next fill.... won't.

Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby justinbarrow » Wed May 17, 2006 8:11 am

this is how i have done this as you look into the dishwasher where the dome is that houses the blue tubes i have done...

Small blue tube to the left and the longer/bigger tube into the right of the chamber.

from under the machine it looks like the right chamber feeds the pressure switch (clear thin tube) and the left chamber goes to the thin red tube which goes to the water inlet valve.

I have tried it the other way round but find that one tube doesnt sit properly into the left chamber.

Would you now suspect this is timer related if still dont get any joy.

I have got a local appliance shop that says if i take the water inlet valve off they will test it, would they have a more accurate test metre than a normal standard one.

Thanks again.

Justin
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Postby gegsy » Wed May 17, 2006 8:18 am

Hi Justin,
This appears to be more than basic fault. Mr P has given you some good advice but Im beginning to think its time for and engineer and admit defeat. Most faults we can sort, some like yours are more intense and would really need us to be physically there to diagnose.
In fairness aswell, If you have no facility to even cold test a valve then we reallyaren't going to get far are we.
If you need an engineer please look at the link below.

Regards

Greg
gegsy

Postby Penguin45 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:19 am

It sounds like the air hoses are reversed. Short tube is for the pressure switch, so air hose should be connected to the left hand spigot. Long tube operates the pneumatic shut-off - air hose should be connected to the right hand spigot.

There is nothing wrong with your inlet valve - you know that it will fill the machine. Solenoid coil valves work or they don't - there is very rarely a half way stage.

Regards,
Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby justinbarrow » Wed May 17, 2006 12:51 pm

Thanks, the air pipes were the wrong way round i did have the blue tubes in the right way but i had the red and clear tubes the wrong way. So now i have the the tubes underneath as follows...

Red tube (to water inlet) To the left side of the chamber

Clear Tube (To the pressure Switch) To the right side of the chamber

Previous to this i had them the oposite way round., I wouldnt of damaged it any further i hope, what an idiot i am :roll:

I have also taken the motor,drain pump,pressure switch out and took this to NW VACS (local white goods engineer) and he tested everything and said it was fine. So i am hopeing that I did have a bloackage and it was me not remembering where the hoses went underneath and put them back the wrong way that has cause the machine to halt after filling, would the timer stop running if this was the case?

Thanks Mr P, Dave and Gegsy!

I just hope when ive put everything back together that i have hot water :lol:

Justin
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Postby justinbarrow » Wed May 17, 2006 7:00 pm

well, sorted the water inlet problem now the pipes are the right way round, but still no heat.

I hope i have put the element wires on the right way, lol

Power is going to the element but it will not heat, 24olms is what i get on the continuity.

So i think i will be investing in a new one, never though something could go in this way, I may donate it to the local college electrical course say here you go sort this one :P Again the machine is going through everything it should now aprt from heat, and the timer gets stuck on hot rinse. but should get hot through the normal wash

Spoke to an enginner here (NW VACS) and they said low budget dishwashers are to throw away as most of the time the cost of parts out weighs the cost of a new one,

Thanks for all the help, really apriciated and i hate to admit defeat on this but if it has to be.

Any last min ideas would be great - thanks again everyone.

Fantastic site

Justin
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

Postby justinbarrow » Wed May 17, 2006 7:30 pm

Just seen a Tricity Bendix DH090 for sale would this be ok to get and strip my old DH086 (the one that wont heat) for spares.

My question is how different is the dh090 to the DH086 just notice that the timer dial is different.

Are the motor, pumps etc the same

Thanks

Justin
justinbarrow
Regular Forum User
Regular Forum User

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Dishwasher not draining?

Drain pumps for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more
If your dishwasher will not drain the cause will often be that either the drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the dishwasher failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible dishwasher pumps in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum