Dishwasher Help Forum

Tricity Bendix DH200 not heating water.

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic

Buy spare parts for dishwashers

Dishwasher spare parts available to buy in our online store
Get dishwasher spare parts in our store and much more for all major makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Tricity Bendix DH200 not heating water.

Postby zakboot » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:54 am

Hi, My Tricity Bendix DH200 approx 4 years old, is not heating the water at all. It completes the cycle according to Led's - Wash to End.
I replaced the flow through heater unit (before finding this forum and carrying out resistance test) but no joy. Still no hot water.
I have found on spares page a temperature sender unit. Could this be my problem? Can i test sender before replacing? Where is sender located?( i didn't see it when doing the heater unit, but wasnt looking for it anyway)
What else should i be looking at before calling in the professionals.
Thanks guys ( in anticipation)
zakboot
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Does your dishwasher leak?

Door seals for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
If your dishwasher is leaking one of the most common reasons is that a door seal is faulty allowing water to escape. You can buy replacement door seals in our store here to fit all major makes including Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Tricity Bendix DH200 not heating water.

Postby TheSpinDoctor » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Most likely the triac on the main board has popped. Unless you are handy at soldering, it will require replacing. If you do require a board, the part number is: 1528245507.

Obviously, please isolate appliance from mains electric supply before any work is carried out on it.
Please note: Before following any advice I give above, always isolate appliance from mains electric supply before attempting any repairs. NO LIVE TESTING!

The Spin Doctor.
TheSpinDoctor
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby zakboot » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks for the advice Spin doctor, I did have a quick look at the control module. I could only see front of pcb in plastic case and stopped short of disconnecting wires in order to get at pcb itself. Wiring plugs felt very tight to me so i didnt go any further for fear of breaking something. Will have another look tonight. Obviously they must pull out to be able to replace the unit. Will pull a little harder as nothing to lose.
Thanks for part No.
zakboot
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby SpandexTony » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Seems I have a similar problem, no hot water, no drying happening in the cycle.

Had a look inside the machine and can't see where to access the element to test it to ensure it's not a pcb job, can I ask how you accessed the element to test on your appliance? Any tips?

Many thanks.
SpandexTony
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Dishwasher not draining?

Drain pumps for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more
If your dishwasher will not drain the cause will often be that either the drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the dishwasher failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible dishwasher pumps in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum