Dishwasher Help Forum

Bosch SGV53E03GB won't stop pumping out

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic

Buy spare parts for dishwashers

Dishwasher spare parts available to buy in our online store
Get dishwasher spare parts in our store and much more for all major makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Bosch SGV53E03GB won't stop pumping out

Postby BillBrum » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi guys

My integrated dishwasher is three and a half years old now and has been fine until now. Tonight it was set to run and, after 20 mins it was opened-up to add a cup. It usually allows this, but tonight after the door was re-closed it started to pump out and the pumping would not stop. I have tried the re-set, using the second and fourth buttons and, although the END lamp lights up, the pumping has not stopped. When I took out the filters and metal plate, I could see that any water was draining away, and there was a fine single spray of water coming from the side of the filter housing (maybe a mechanism to clean the filter as it pumps-out?).

I have read other threads, with other models, that refer to leaks or floats sticking, but it would appear to be more likely that it is related to my having interrupted the programme.

Any suggestions?
BillBrum
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Re: Bosch SGV53E03GB won't stop pumping out

Postby BillBrum » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:31 am

I powered the machine up this morning and it is still doing the same thing. I decided to try closing the water tap at the stopcock, but that spray I mentioned earlier is still spraying - I suppose it is a recirculation device.

Help, please.
BillBrum
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby BillBrum » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:35 am

I don't know that this was the case before, but the CHECK WATER SUPPLY lamp is now lit.
BillBrum
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby nomadPaul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:49 pm

It soundter in the base of the appliance s like you have water in the base operating the flood protection system. Does it still seem to be pumping with the door open ?

If it does , you will need to access the base , remove the water and try and find out where the water's coming from.

POWER OFF AND UNPLUG BEFORE INVESTIGATING
Take only memories...leave only footprints
nomadPaul
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby BillBrum » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Thank you.

I have removed the kick board but I can't see how to drain water. The machine is built-in so I can't lean it back or forward. There is one large screw head that faces to the front. It has arrows going anti-clockwise around it, but I don't know what it does.

I wish I could post some pics, but I don't think this forum has that function.

Any more help, please.....
BillBrum
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby nomadPaul » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:44 pm

That screw is to adjust the rear foot so ignore that. Basically , you need to remove the decor door , outer door and then the metal base plate . This will open up the base area , giving you access to be able to drain/soak the water out.

Unfortunately , if you want to really check out the machine , you will need to remove the dishwasher from the cupboard carcass .

We can't give detailed actions but thats the basis of what you need to do.

POWER OFF AND UNPLUG BEFORE INVESTIGATING
nomadPaul
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby BillBrum » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Okay, I managed to get the decor panel off. Before looking at anything else (as I wasn't sure about the outer door), I looked at the plate at the bottom. Two screws came out and the metal plate came off, attached to a plastic unit that is fixed within the door, on the right hand side. The plate came away enough for me to be able to see that there is no water at all in the bottom of the machine housing. I also managed to get some kitchen paper in and it came out dry.

Thanks for your help so far. Any other ideas would be very gratefully received.

Thanks.
BillBrum
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby nomadPaul » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:25 pm

In that case , you may need to check the pressure chamber/flood protection system on the LHS. Unfortunately , this means the machine has to come out as the LHS panel needs to be removed for access. There is a small float in a pressure chaber that may be stuck in the up positiion.
nomadPaul
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby BillBrum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:01 am

Update.

I remembered reading a forum where a man with a different machine had written about his reset buttons. On his machine, he had to hold in the two reset buttons while he switched on the power, so I tried it that way.

The pump didn't come on, the third and fourth switches lit up and stayed on. I powered it down, then when I put the power back on, it acted quite normally - no pumping and one function switch lit, which I could select between all programme buttons. Just normal.

I have since then run a rinse cycle and a regular 50 wash, all okay.

Maybe it was stuck in a logic loop after all. I don't understand why a different way of using the reset buttons would work, I'm just glad it did. It's fingers crossed from now on, but I won't any longer be opening the door part-way through a cycle. It just isn't worth the risk.

Thanks, NomadPaul, for your involvement.

As an aside, when I was taking off the base board and decor panel, I noticed a few things that the builders could have done better. For example, they did not install a plate that is supposed to be fixed to the underneath of the worktop, above the dishwasher door. I have a digital version of the installation instructions that shows it should be there.

What it doesn't show is a part number or name for any of the parts. Does anyone have a parts list? Or can you tell me what that piece is called?

Also, they had the three dishwasher feet sitting on blocks of wood. I took one of them out and lowered that foot to the floor, and that is about 80mm. The diagram shows it should be 0 - 60mm. I don't want the feet falling off, but I don't know how long they actually are. Surely they wouldn't make them so short that, to fit into a normal height of counter, the machine would have to sit on blocks?

As before, any help would be much appreciated.
BillBrum
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby nomadPaul » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:36 am

TBH Bill , there are no hard and fast rules concerning the installation of these machines. I can tell you horror stories of a customer having to have a £4000 italian slate floor lifted to allow the dishwasher to be removed. Blocks of wood under the feet are quite common and for us engineers that are removing and replacing intergrated appliances every day it doesn't make much difference. Obviously the length of the adjustable feet/legs can't be infinite and as the depths between the floor and work surfaces above can vary greatly , its common for the machine to be on a plinth of some sort. A lot of kitchen fitters will use a square piece of 'work surface' wood , the size of the base , to hoist the machine up .

The metal plate that fits above the door edge ? On the machines i visit , I'd say its about 50/50 as to whether its fitted or not. I'd guess its more for the worktop protection than anything important to do with the dishwasher itself.

As for the two reset buttons....you didn't actually reset it as per normal.....what you did was enter the test programme or re-config programme....so be thankful you didn't press any other buttons before switching it off !!! There is a possibility that it was stuck 'electronically' so well done on clearing that.
nomadPaul
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

• Advertisement

Does your dishwasher leak?

Door seals for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
If your dishwasher is leaking one of the most common reasons is that a door seal is faulty allowing water to escape. You can buy replacement door seals in our store here to fit all major makes including Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum