Dishwasher Help Forum

candy CD 622 motor 90.47.30 overheating?

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic

Buy spare parts for dishwashers

Dishwasher spare parts available to buy in our online store
Get dishwasher spare parts in our store and much more for all major makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

candy CD 622 motor 90.47.30 overheating?

Postby josh1e » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi,

Our quite old dishwasher (candy CD622) has tripped the rcbo (not the sockets rcd) a couple of times in the last 24hours. I've checked for leaks (none) and checked all connections (fine) so unclipped the water pipes between the filter & pump to see if any debris had gotten in. pipes are clear and clean on inside, no scale or crap in the pipes or impeller wheel.

I removed the motor from the unit for better inspection and the motor body was very warm to the touch and i wonder if it is overheating causing the rcbo to trip? i would like to rule out the heater element kicking in, but am not sure how to test that? (can it be tested with a multimeter?)

The motor has a capacitor attached to the body with 4 pins. 2 in & 2 to the motor. the capacitor is AV Arcotronics, 1.267.6CC3 MKP 4uF = 5%
420v ~10000h Class B
470v ~ 3000h Class C
-25/85/21
CE 4

the motor gives me a resistance of 108.9ohms disconnected from the capacitor. other than dusty, it doesn't smell or looked damaged and spins freely.

I did a test with the door open prior to removing the pump & on a normal cycle the arms didn't really move (although they are clean & free to spin) and the amount of spray / pressure was negligible, less than an inch in height from the openings?

I'm guessing that with the heat of the pump casing leads to either a faulty pump or faulty capacitor, i was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice before i part with my hard earned reddies :)

The capacitor i'm happy to replace, it made a huge difference to my air compressor, although at £80+ for the dishwasher pump on a 10yr old dishwasher, i'm inclined to replace the whole thing...

Thanks for your help,
josh1e
josh1e
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Dishwasher not heating up water?

Heating elements for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more
If your dishwasher will not heat the water the reason is often that the heater has failed, which is the heating element used to heat the water and to dry your dishes. You can buy replacement heating elements including many low cost compatible dishwasher heaters in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: CD622 top arm spinning?

Postby josh1e » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:26 pm

well, with no help from uk whitegoods i decided to change the capacitor. alot of previous posters had suggested the capacitor is usually the problem.

for anyone else needing to do this, if u have a motor rewind company near you (peterborough is shoebridge & sons in stanground) they only charged me £3 for the replacement capacitor. I took the old one with me, wandered down there & they matched it up completely. (even tested my old one for free)

so now i have that new noisy dishwasher sound as the water beats against the inside metal sheets of the dishwasher :)

I noticed the top arm doesn't spin when i open the door, i'm not sure if this model has alternating spinning arms (meaning only one spins at a time) or if they are both meant to spin all the time?

water comes out the top arm, although not with the same force the bottom does, and i have completely stripped and cleaned the water trap, filter, plastic tube riser, outlet holes, top basket tube & metal arm...

any advice as to wether the arms spin simultaneously or in turns would be helpful, also if there is a common place for a blockage to occur for the top arm, where this would be.

thanks
josh1e
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Does your dishwasher leak?

Door seals for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
If your dishwasher is leaking one of the most common reasons is that a door seal is faulty allowing water to escape. You can buy replacement door seals in our store here to fit all major makes including Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum