Dishwasher Help Forum

Neff Dishwsher Spray Arms not rotating

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic

Buy spare parts for dishwashers

Dishwasher spare parts available to buy in our online store
Get dishwasher spare parts in our store and much more for all major makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Neff Dishwsher Spray Arms not rotating

Postby clivers » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:51 am

Good morning...

I have a Neff 30 852 integrated dishwsher and neither the top or bottom spray arms are rotating during the wash process resulting in the contents remaining dirty. They are not stuck as I can manualy turn and spin them without any force and if I open the door during the cycle I can see that water is coming out of them. Is there anything I can check or replceto rectify this problem ?

Many thanks

Clivers
clivers
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Dishwasher basket wheels and rollers

Dishwasher basket wheels for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more
Get a replacement basket wheels and rollers for your dishwasher in our store here including built in and integrated dishwashers for major makes including Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Neff Dishwsher Spray Arms not rotating

Postby electrofix » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:40 am

if its not a blockage its a motor problem

take both bars off. check for blocked jets and clean them out

fill and start machine without bars in and when motor starts let it run for 5 secs to push any rubbish through
replace bars and see what happens

if this fails you need professional help

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby clivers » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:03 am

Morning

I ran the test as suggested and cleaned out the upper and ower arms. Unfortunately it did not make any improvement.

However, what I did notice was that when the spray arms were off and with the machine started, when I opened the door during the cycle the water was being pumped through the inlet at the bottom of the machine. Would this indicate that the motor is working as expected?
I have noticed that there is a lot of up and down movement in the lower spray arm when I put it back and wondered if it was worn, thus allowing the pressurised water to leak before it gets into the lower spray arms and the pipe work to the upper arm. :?:

Should there be any play in the dpray arms, and I coud not see any evidence of washers or seals, is this standard?

Many thanks :D

Clivers
clivers
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby Martin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 am

clivers wrote:Should there be any play in the dpray arms, and I coud not see any evidence of washers or seals, is this standard?

The spray arms sound just fine so best eliminate any possibility on that score.

It would be handy though if you gave us the full model (ENr) number of your dishwasher at this stage 'cos there's a fair degree of variants out there in the wild. Most, whilst fully house trained, do have their differing little foibles. :wink:
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby clivers » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:37 pm

The E-Nr number is S5433X0GB/12

Regards

Clivers
clivers
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby Martin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:43 am

clivers wrote:The E-Nr number is S5433X0GB/12

Just 3 likely causes then : -

1) Lack of water in tub
2) Circulating pump impellor blocked with debris
3) Circulating pump impellor split and broken

I would advise contacting a local engineer in to take a look for you. None of which are classed as a DIY fix by the way.
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

• Advertisement

Dishwasher not heating up water?

Heating elements for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more
If your dishwasher will not heat the water the reason is often that the heater has failed, which is the heating element used to heat the water and to dry your dishes. You can buy replacement heating elements including many low cost compatible dishwasher heaters in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum