UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Dishwasher Help Forum

Electrolux ESL6115 - Drains, does not fill. No error

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Get spare parts for dishwashers

Buy dishwasher spare parts in our store for all major dishwasher makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

by easyeagle » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:22 am

User Manual is here: http://www.usersmanualguide.com/manuals ... U26459.pdf

Workflow of issue:

1. Turn dishwasher on. End of programme indicator light flashes (normal - no programme set), nothing else occurs.

-Press programme selection / cancel button until desired programme (programme 2) LED lit.
-Close door.

2. All leds now off except for programme 2 LED (solid).

Drain pump operates for ~5s and stops.

No other operations occur. Nothing audible. Programme 2 LED remains lit indefinitely.

If the machine is switched off (whether using ON/OFF pushbutton or isolated) and on at this point, it resumes in the same state (Programme 2 LED lit), as in normal operation. Programme can be cancelled by pressing programme selection / cancel button for 5s until end of programme indicator light flashes - and we're back to step 1.

------

There's no visual or audible fault code, so I guess the dishwasher simply isn't detecting whatever criteria is needed to advance to the next step of the programme. Unfortunately I'm not sure what would be operating at this point. Is it likely to be trying to run the wash pump, or is there any other check before it starts that?

I've replaced the heater on this dishwasher before, so I know my way around the machine, but don't know the sequence of operation. Just like to know what I'm looking for before I begin the diagnostics!

Cheers!
easyeagle
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

by bazza500 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:03 pm

It sounds to me that your dishwasher is trying to calibrate the sensor.

Switch it on, start a program and then go and have a cup of tea. It will run in about 10-15 minutes.
bazza500
WTA Team Member
WTA Team Member

by easyeagle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 am

..is the right answer! That's embarrassing. But the type of embarrassment that involves no extra cost or effort is the best kind! Thanks very much for your help :)
easyeagle
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Do you need an dishwasher repair?

Find local approved dishwasher repair companies using our free search of hundreds of repairers to find approved companies in your area that will repair almost any dishwasher including built in and integrated dishwashers

“Find

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum