UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Dishwasher Help Forum

Brunt switch

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Get spare parts for dishwashers

Buy dishwasher spare parts in our store for all major dishwasher makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

Get Spare Parts Cheap

Buy many cheap spare parts in our store including many compatible parts for all major brands including Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Smeg, AEG, Beko, LG, Samsung and many, many more.

Click to email, tell us what you need and we'll find the parts you need

shop spare parts

by joehayes999 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm

This washer is about 15 years old but is in good condition generally. However it has started to leak out the door while it is filling, so I guess the inlet does not shut off when it should. There is no float switch in this model that I can see. What turns off the water inlet then ? I have cleaned the filters and all around it. There is what looks like a vent on the side of the unit just above the water level. This is full of "gunk" but I am not sure it can be removed to clean it. Anyway I cant see that it would affect the inlet shut off. Any help would be appreciated.
joehayes999
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Dishwasher not draining?

If your dishwasher will not drain the cause will often be that either the drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the dishwasher failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible dishwasher pumps in our store here to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Smeg and many more

Drain pumps for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, LG and many more

by joehayes999 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:33 pm

DSC_0710.JPG
Anyone know what this part is? As you can see it is cracked and looks like it has overheated. The model is a Candy DSI710 from 2003 or thereabouts. It is fairly similar to bosch and hoover models.
Attachments
DSC_0709.JPG
Part is in lower Right hand corner
Last edited by joehayes999 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joehayes999
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by iadom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:47 pm

I assume you mean burnt switch. :)

That is the mains suppressor or filter.

Available HERE

PS. Whilst it is exactly the same as a Hoover appliance it is nothing at all like a Bosch in any way, shape or form. :wink:
Please submit your questions in the relevant forum. Unsolicited PM's and emails will not be answered.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator

by iadom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:00 pm

I have merged both of your posts re this appliance, I am not personally familiar with the Candy/Hoover dishwashers but hopefully one of the ex Hoover members may see this and respond.

I can see from your picture that the machine has a pressure switch (bottom left corner) and also a pressure controlled fill valve. Tracing those two thin clear plastic pipes to where they are attached to the sump may reveal a blockage.

Does it leak when washing or is it obviously overfilling before leaking out of the door before it starts washing?
Please submit your questions in the relevant forum. Unsolicited PM's and emails will not be answered.
iadom

by joehayes999 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks for the help. It leaking occurs during the cycle, and not every time, but it is filling at the time. The leak is right across the bottom of the door.
One thing I noticed is there was a load of "gunk" in the water metering tank around the vent hole into the washer. I got it open and cleaned it out, but am having trouble putting it back together without it leaking where the metering tank meets the salt chamber.
joehayes999
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by iadom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Do you have any more numbers such as serial numbers etc from the rating plate.

I cannot bring up any tech info with only that model number. It is possible there is some type of seal between components that has failed.
Due to the high water temperatures in dishwashers and also due to age they will deteriorate.

As I mentioned I am not familiar with the Candy based dishwashers, unlike Hotpoint, Bosch, Zanussi, Indesit, Smeg etc they don’t seem very popular in this area.
iadom

by iadom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Cancel that last question, I was searching for a DS1 not a DSI. :clown:

Will have a look at the tech and see if it shows any seals etc.
iadom

by iadom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:55 pm

It does have three rubber ‘O’ rings that form the seals. These do leak even without being disturbed, a very common problem on Smeg dishwashers.
The part number for the rings is 91941698.

You should also change that mains filter before it goes off with a bang, it will do if you leave it.
iadom

by joehayes999 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Cheers mate. I saw the o-rings and they do seem to be a pretty loose seal. I will try replacing them and the capacitor also and let you know.
joehayes999
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by 1totalshambles » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Had one of these Candy machines do this 7 years ago. As Iadom points out: see that big white sump smack in the middle as per your photo that will be where the internal and uncleanable air trap resides; easy to change this part ( order a new sump seal as well ) if you can still get the parts and if the rest of the machine is in reasonable nick, other than the blown suppressor which is no big deal money wise, well worth a bash compared with buying say, a new Bosch ( dreadful things: heat pump motors fail, sometimes several times ) as a replacement. I remember trying to clean the sump out but to be frank you never know how well you did since your working blind. The only thing you can do is change the sump. Brilliant for 15 years worth of use, well done, and look how easy it is to work on too; don`t get that these days!
1totalshambles
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dishwasher basket wheels and rollers

Get a replacement basket wheels and rollers for your dishwasher in our store here including built in and integrated dishwashers for major makes including Lamona, Smeg, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Dishwasher basket wheels for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum