UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Dishwasher Help Forum

Siemens Dishwasher Hydrosensor - no heat

Forum to get help and advice on any dishwasher problems that you may have for full size, slimline dishwashers. For dishwasher spares click here

Get spare parts for dishwashers

Buy dishwasher spare parts in our store for all major dishwasher makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

by ian25 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 am

Hi
I have a Siemens Hydrosensor Dishwasher SE25A090GB/17. The machine runs but we have noticed that it is not heating the water and the cycle now lasts for a very long time (e.g. over 5 hours) or doesn't complete at all. There are no error codes displayed. I understand the washer is 'self-learning' in that it adjusts the cycle time based on the previous wash. Hence, now if you select a standard 50C wash it predicts it lasting 192 mins whereas usually it was more like an hour.

I am thinking that the heater unit has probably failed and needs replacing. Before further investigation and spending circa £100 for a replacement I just wanted to get some guidance on whether this is the likely cause. The dishwasher is over 10 years old and up until now has worked OK.
Thanks for your help.
ian25
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Dishwasher spray arm broken?

If your dishwasher isn't washing as well as it should then your spray arms may be blocked or faulty resulting in the dishwasher not cleaning as it should. You can buy replacement spray arms and associated spare parts from our store to fit all major makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Smeg and many more

Do check carefully when ordering spray arms as while many may look the same they might well not be, if you are unsure please email to ask for assistance and we'll find it for you

spray arms for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Bosch and many more

by Martin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:14 pm

There are generally two reasons it is not heating. The most obvious being the heater unit (part no 00488856 - costs around £75 direct from Siemens) OR there is a dry joint of the heater relay terminals on the control unit PCB. The latter a simple fix with a soldering iron the former a major strip down to access.
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by ian25 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks Martin. I've yet to pull the machine out and won't have chance to do so for several days. But once I do I'll take a look at the circuit board first. Thanks for the guidance.
ian25
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

by Trilobite » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Perhaps the reason for non heating is that the transfer tube linking the water matrix to the sump is clogged with greasy gunk?

Clogs might cause water levels to be misread, leading to 'no heat'.

According to Siemens' exploded diagrams, this machine does indeed have the problematic transfer tube.
Trilobite
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by ian25 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks Trilobite. I'll check that out first. Much obliged.
ian25
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Dishwasher leaking?

If your dishwasher is leaking one of the most common reasons is that a door seal is faulty allowing water to escape. You can buy replacement door seals in our store here to fit all major makes including Lamona, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Door seals for most dishwashers including popular makes like Hoover, Zanussi, Smeg, Diplomat, Hygena and many more

Return to Dishwasher Help Forum