Washing Machine Help Forum

Hoover 1300 Special Edition PE235 drain pump siezed ?

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Hoover 1300 Special Edition PE235 drain pump siezed ?

Postby TasMan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:26 pm

Hoping someone can advise or confirm a problem with my machine:-

I have been having intermittent problems with the machine not draining down which appears to stop the spin cycle resulting in clothes soaking wet. I believe there is an interlock that prevents spin if the machine hasn't drained enough ?

This morning the machine would not start at all when normal programme selected. I checked the pump filter which is clear, having a dig around in the filter hole I note what looks like an impeller at the back of the chamber which I assume is the pump impeller. Having tried to move this impeller it only turns about 90 degrees and is very tight - can anyone confirm if I am correct in thinking the pump is knackered which is stopping the machine from starting ?

Looks like an easy repair if this is the case ?! :?
Many thanks
David
TasMan
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Advertisement

Washing machine drain pumps

Drain pumps for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more
If your washing machine will not drain the cause will normally be that either your drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the machine failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible washing machine pumps in our store here to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Hoover 1300 Special Edition PE235 drain pump siezed ?

Postby suedehead1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:42 pm

plug out please,
the program should still start even if the pump wont turn (assuming the pump is jammed by a foreign object)
if the pump coil is damaged by water dripping onto it from the hose going from soap dispenser to the pump filter then it can seize the pump,
however changing the pump is fairly easy but you will have to check for leaks, and if the old pump is badly rusted it may have damaged the pcb.
suedehead1
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby TasMan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:40 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Since my post I have stripped out the pump and the impeller is definitely binding but there are no objects jamming it. I would have thought such a pump would be free to turn over at all times ?

The pump appears to have slight surface rust but nothing suggesting a heavy leak from above.
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/TasMan01/Washing%20Machine/PE235pump.jpg[/img]

I did notice two other things:-
Drum spring binding on drain hose
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/TasMan01/Washing%20Machine/PE235springhose.jpg[/img]
Burning at PCB next to programmer (no evidence of water)
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/TasMan01/Washing%20Machine/PE235controller.jpg[/img]

Does this mean a new control board also ?! :(

Thanks
Dave
TasMan
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby suedehead1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:12 pm

the board is gone that burnt thing is a triac, some engineers replace them but i always change the board, that black rubber is where the hose is rubbing on the tub it will be leaking from there down onto the pump,
how old is the machine? it is covered by a 5 year parts guarantee, you pay for the callout but not for the parts, it would cost about £90 for the callout which would be less than the price of the parts.
suedehead1
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby TasMan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Thanks again,

The machine is just over 5 years old unfortunately so probably not covered now.

I could change the board and pump myself but verging on easier buying new machine I should imagine ?

Thanks
David
TasMan
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby suedehead1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:23 pm

if you do change the board and pump remember to change that hose as well.
obviously with the plug out.
suedehead1
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

• Advertisement

Washing machine drum paddles

“Drum
Broken drum paddles or lifters are often a fairly easy part to replace yourself and you can buy replacement drum paddles including many low cost compatible washing machine paddles in our store to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum