Washing Machine Help Forum

Indesit WE125 - error F - 01

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Indesit WE125 - error F - 01

Postby Blu442 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:44 pm

Can anyone help (AGAIN).

My washing machine is flashing error code 'F - 01'. Can anyone tell me what this means?

BTW. I would never recommend this washer to anyone!
Blu442

Advertisement

Washing machine carbon brushes

Carbon brushes for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more
Did you know that carbon brushes are very often the cause of a washing machine drum not turning when they wear out? You can buy replacement carbon brushes including many low cost compatible washing machine carbons in our store here to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Postby Penguin45 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:50 pm

Electronics failure in motor circuit. Check motor brushes, plugs, continuity to computer board. If all checks out, it's computer time.

Pull the plug first............

Regards,
Penguin45.
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Re: Indesit WE125 - error F - 01

Postby Martin » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:50 pm

Try this similar search that relates to the same here in this very forum

Martin
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby blu442 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:00 pm

Good work people!

Ok, thanks for this (always a speedy reply here. i recommend this site whenever i can).

I'll have a tinker with the machine (with the plug out!) as per the other message.
blu442

Postby Harvester » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:20 pm

I've fixed Indesit WITE 107 F-01 failure error!

We have the washer like 3 years and the F-01 error kept showing irregularly since one year ago - just after the warranty expiration. Usually unpluging the washer from the power supply solved the problem, sometimes immediately, but mostly overnight. When we moved from flat to country house, the problems frequency slightly increased. Till last couple of days it was still bearable. But in the recent days the error didn't even show up, and the motor was not turning at all. Just the pump was pumping the water in and out, so the program got hanging somewhere. So resolution became necessary. I've contacted tow servicemen yesterday, but none of them answered yet - well it's weekend. But as usually, when you ask for help, you'd find it on your own right after. So I decided to look at it myself.

- unplugged the washer power supply, closed the water
- unscrewed two screws that hold the control panel
- removed the panel - you need the lid to be semi-opened
- (re-conected all connectors to fix any possible oxidation or unpluging - then tried the washer, but problem persisted)
- unscrewed all screws that hold the side cover - only the right one had actually been necessary (when standing in front of the washer)
- unscrewed all four screws hidden under the bottom cover in the front of the washer that hides also the filter (those still hold the side cover)
- unscrewed two more screws at the top back of the washer - they hold the circuit board to the washer body - it needs to be loose
- by pulling the top side of the washer up by the lid and pushing the side cover away "to the back" (with a screwdriver), see how the side cover is held by the top, remove the side cover
- observed the motor and immediately saw heavy corrosion at the ground connection (yellow-green wire) at the motor board and possible slight oxidation at one other connetion of the black wire
- using sand paper and screwdriver I've cleaned the contact together with the connector and tried the washer - still no effect
- cleaned the black wire connection with the same way
- tried the washer (spinning program) and - voila! It works!
- tried unplugging the black wire and running the spinning program - both the motor AND the pump didn't start

So, it looks to me that the problem was in an oxidation of the black wire connection - that is apparently a power supply for both the pump and the motor, that caused insufficient voltage and thus a power for the motor but probably still enough for the pump. The randomness of the problem was probably caused by humidity in the room and maybe some more factors - the washer is actually opened from the bottom so when I test the washer more times and see this as a solution, I'll probably cover the connetors with silicon to avoid corrosion or oxidation in the future.

Here are also some tips for putting all together:

When removing the side cover something fell from it inside. It was a plastic lath that is placed on the nearer edge of the cover and fits both onto the edge of the cover and the adjacent edge of the washer. It's a bit tricky to put it all back plus there is a plastic piece at the bottom of the side cover that is fixed there also very loosely and keeps falling inside when srewing the filter side screws - but this can be fixed with pliers adjusting the edge of the side cover to make the plastic to fit there tightly

---
So if you are a bit handsome, try this before calling the service. It might help. And also you'll know your washer a bit more.
Harvester
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Washing machine not filling with water?

Buy washing machine water valves and other washing machine spare parts
If your washing does not fill up with water then it is likely that your water supply is faulty or the water fill valve in your machine is. Find replacement water valves in our store including many low cost compatible fill valves for all major brands such as Hoover, Hotpoint, Beko, AEG and more

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum