Washing Machine Help Forum

Indesit WIDL126 Flashing Lights

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Indesit WIDL126 Flashing Lights

Postby philhuff » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:58 am

Hi all,

I've searched through and failed to find an answer to my problem, so can anyone help out?

I've got an Indesit WIDL126. There appears to be no problems with the machine, and it's seemingly completing its wash cycles without incident. However, twice now it's flashed its lights at me, suggesting there's a problem.

All four LED's, all four Function lights, and the door lock light (so every light on the machine) flash very quickly and continuously. I've not found a list of error codes, so can anyone else shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.
philhuff
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Washing machine carbon brushes

Carbon brushes for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more
Did you know that carbon brushes are very often the cause of a washing machine drum not turning when they wear out? You can buy replacement carbon brushes including many low cost compatible washing machine carbons in our store here to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: Indesit WIDL126 Flashing Lights

Postby iadom » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Not a specific error code, its just an Indesit thats all, think yourself lucky its actually working at all.

All lights flashing usually means a main board failure. It could be loose connections on the PCB though.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby philhuff » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:37 pm

iadom wrote:Not a specific error code, its just an Indesit thats all, think yourself lucky its actually working at all.

Ha! :lol:

I can't really argue with that. However, in fairness, this one was a Comet auction one that I picked up for about £100, and it's lasted four years or so, so I don't think it owes me much!

All lights flashing usually means a main board failure. It could be loose connections on the PCB though.

I've just turned it on again and now it's flashing the bottom LED and all four Function lights (it's not done that one before) so I'm guessing that it's basically screwed...
philhuff
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby iadom » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:30 pm

It would do no harm for you to try and tighten up the connections on the circuit boards, with the mains plug removed of course but it does sound as though the electronics are going pear shaped, very common on Indesit machines.

Really expensive to consider TBH.

4 years for £100 is very good going for one of these, you really need to spend £350 to £400 before you get into decent quality machines today.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
iadom

• Advertisement

Smelly washing machines

Buy Affresh washing machine cleaner here to stop bad smells from your washing machine
If your washing machine stinks, smells bad or emits strange odours it is most likely to be caused by bacteria build up in the washer. To clean this we recommend using Affresh that you can buy here to clean out the bacteria. And for more detailed advice on washing machine odour you can read our article all about smelly washing machines here

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum