Washing Machine Help Forum

Bosch Classixx 1400 Express washing machine won,t spin

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

Bosch Classixx 1400 Express washing machine won,t spin

Postby Stewy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,

My Bosch Classixx 1400 Express washing machine won't spin. It pumps in water and drains fine but seems to have 'forgotten' how to spin! My wife does routinely overload it and it goes out of balance but I empty it, drain it and leave it for a bit then re-start it and its fine. However, this time it is refusing to spin under any circumstances. The belt is fine and the drum turns freely, and I have checked that it is draining fine (it is). I suppose it could be the motor or an electrical fault in the circuit boards somewhere. Any ideas would be gratefully received. I'm pretty technically minded and so am happy to pull it to pieces to fix it (power off of course!)

Thanks for any help

Stew
Stewy
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Smelly washing machines

Buy Affresh washing machine cleaner here to stop bad smells from your washing machine
If your washing machine stinks, smells bad or emits strange odours it is most likely to be caused by bacteria build up in the washer. To clean this we recommend using Affresh that you can buy here to clean out the bacteria. And for more detailed advice on washing machine odour you can read our article all about smelly washing machines here

Re: Bosch Classixx 1400 Express washing machine won,t spin

Postby silverbroom » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi Stew,
Some people say the drum does not spin when actually to help us they should say the drum does not turn.

Does the machine do the wash part then not spin?.
The FD number will help, this is on a label inside the door.
From your initial post you may wish to check carbon brushes, and yes power off.

silverbroom
silverbroom
WTA Member
WTA Member

Postby Stewy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi Silverbroom, thanks for the reply,

Model No. E-Nr. WAE28162GB/03 FD 8603 605134

yes I should have been more specific - sorry, the machine will turn the drum and yesterday, after posting my message, it ran through a whole wash and spin cycle absolutely fine. The motor sounds fine and washes fine but its again now not spinning after a wash cycle where it has heated water, turned the drum to wash the clothes as normal but won't spin the water out. I can only think that its a sensor or circuit board fault, If I turn it to 'DRAIN' it empties fine too. Its odd cos when I select any spin speed the related 'diode' lights but a couple of the others are dimly lit too - I don't think that its a spread of light from the selected 'diode' - Ive never noticed this before,

Its as if the machine has become confused as to what it should be doing next or as if there is some 'prohibition' on it spinning - it can do it but seems to be choosing not to!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Stew
Stewy
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby silverbroom » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Stew,
Your machine is about 3 years and 5 months old and depending on how often it is on this can still be a carbon brush problem.

First check the filter at the bottom right handside of the machine, if this is gunged up it will prohibit at times the spin mode.

Other than that, you would want to check the motor with power off.

silverbroom
silverbroom
WTA Member
WTA Member

Postby Stewy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Silverbroom, thank you for your time,

the machine is used twice a day - we have 4 children who like mud!.

Ive removed one of the brushes and its about 10mm in length from its base (where the braided wire connectes into it) to the worn surface that mates with the motor shaft. Is that too short now for the braided cable to permit the spring to make a good contact with the motor shaft? - that would kinda make sense actually cos I can get the machine to turn at all now! Ive looked on the net and can get replacement brushes - since you have helped me is there a shop or site that you favour or work for? - Im happy to use it, and should I buy genuine Bosch or aftermarket product?

thanks again for your time,

Stew
Stewy
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby silverbroom » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:37 pm

Yeh carbons should be replaced, you can get the carbons from this site, just look to the left of the page for Spare Parts and click on Washing Machines.

The motor has to come off via 2 x 10mm bolts and note how the old one comes out re the angle of the carbon

silverbroom
silverbroom
WTA Member
WTA Member

Postby Stewy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks Silverbroom for your time, I'll let you know how I get on.

Stew
Stewy
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby TH3 M0L3 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 pm

This thread has helped me too, just one question from me please?

I already suspected the brushes, so removed the motor to gain easy access to the brushes. When I removed the brushes I stupidly forgot to note in which direction they sit. I'm guessing this is pretty critical, so is there a general rule, or is it motor specific?

My issues are with a bosch WFO2866GB FD8411601609

Sorry for poaching this thread, but it sounds like Silverbroom is my answer!

Thanks in advance!
:D
TH3 M0L3
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

Postby Steven » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:07 am

The brush housing is usually off set, when looking at the back of the motor one side is higher than the other and it will be slightly angled, the same as the brushes. Put them in one at a time once in place just turn the motor pulley by hand slowly if it turns smoothly then they will be in the correct way. If wrong you wont be able to turn the motor easily you will jam and break the brush so be careful.
Steven
WTA Team Member
WTA Team Member

Postby TH3 M0L3 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks

When I got back to her place and inspected the motor again it was pretty obvious as to which way the brushes sit. Thanks for your advice though.
TH3 M0L3
Appliance Forum User
Appliance Forum User

• Advertisement

Before you post it… search it!

Use the search function before you post!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum