Washing Machine Help Forum

F 05 Error code on Hotpoint WD640

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

F 05 Error code on Hotpoint WD640

Postby stuartpick » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:08 pm

I have searched for error codes on Hotpoint, but cannot find the meaning of error F-05...

Any ideas? This is a WD640G model and is only a couple of months old...and I am about to chuck the old washer away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart
stuartpick

Advertisement

Smelly washing machines

Buy Affresh washing machine cleaner here to stop bad smells from your washing machine
If your washing machine stinks, smells bad or emits strange odours it is most likely to be caused by bacteria build up in the washer. To clean this we recommend using Affresh that you can buy here to clean out the bacteria. And for more detailed advice on washing machine odour you can read our article all about smelly washing machines here

Re: F 05 Error code on Hotpoint WD640

Postby Martin » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:51 pm

As it is under guarantee you need to contact Hotpoint direct on 0870 9 066 066 first and foremost.

The fault is associated with drain out (pump blocked or restricted in some way) I expect you've been trying to wash something that has given off a lot of fluff and or/debris???

Martin
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:17 pm

Thanks for the reply...

I'll contact them tomorrow...

Not quite sure what was being washed as the misus was doing it. Will have a look at the outlet to make sure it's okay.

Stuart

Postby richard31 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:51 pm

As yours is under warranty, call out a service guy. Just had the same fault on our machine. If your missus has long hair and malts like a hound, you will probably find the inlet to the drain pump is so clogged up with matted hair and lint that the impeller won't turn, really easy to fix toook me 45 minutes. Small panel at rear of machine reveals the pump, pull of the two pipes (Plastic clips hard to get off, slide them sideways), remove wire and unclip pump from base of machine by lifting locking tab and sliding to the left, pump can then easily be cleaned. Our machine works well, for now, but it's a Hotpoint so I,ll keep in touch and let you know what goes wrong next week!! PS Don't buy another hotpoint, we won't.
richard31
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby Penguin45 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:33 pm

Date?????
Which bit of "Unplug it" is causing the problem?
Appliance Forum Moderator
Appliance Forum Moderator

Postby mij » Wed May 03, 2006 12:55 pm

an f05 error message means that the pressure switch is jammed on empty or as already said a problem with pump
mij
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby stephen1966 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:46 pm

richard31 wrote:As yours is under warranty, call out a service guy. Just had the same fault on our machine. If your missus has long hair and malts like a hound, you will probably find the inlet to the drain pump is so clogged up with matted hair and lint that the impeller won't turn, really easy to fix toook me 45 minutes. Small panel at rear of machine reveals the pump, pull of the two pipes (Plastic clips hard to get off, slide them sideways), remove wire and unclip pump from base of machine by lifting locking tab and sliding to the left, pump can then easily be cleaned. Our machine works well, for now, but it's a Hotpoint so I,ll keep in touch and let you know what goes wrong next week!! PS Don't buy another hotpoint, we won't.

Thanks for this post.

I did everything to the letter in your post and would you believe it, that was the problem and It took 45mins to sort out.
It was a wire out of my wifes bra that jammed the impeller.
And yes those plastic clips are hard to remove.

Thanks again.
stephen1966
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby lulupsychob » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:24 pm

hi we had same problem followed your instructions it worked and we did it in 15 mins
lulupsychob
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby helo_75 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:39 pm

i do it in five

lol
helo_75
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby ABEL » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:34 pm

pressure switch jammed on full. If you go onto Hotpoint web site you can print off copy of hotpoint error codes
ABEL
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby helo_75 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:56 pm

8 mths ago

do people ever read dates anymore?
helo_75
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby frenchhurst » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Yes, me ...

My washing machine is my best friend and your website is the onely one which give me all the details to save "her".

Thank's you "she" feels better 45 min after

Effectivly the pump was blocked
frenchhurst
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Postby helo_75 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:32 pm

brilliant, well done
helo_75
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby ripuk » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:54 pm

This worked for me too on the WD645 - I think this is the same model just in Silver.

Turned out the filter in the black rubber pipe had a bunch of different things in it - a number of plastic shirt collarbones as well as a bunch of buttons.

To top it off though, and what I think caused the error code - a bloody hair pin stuck in the pump! :-)

Thanks for the advice everyone, saved me a fortune.

Dave
ripuk
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Washing machine drive belt broken?

Buy washing machine drive belts and other washing machine spare parts
If your washing drum does not turn then it is possible that the drive belt in your machine has snapped or broken. Find a new drive belt in our store including many low cost compatible drive belts for all major brands. Do also check for carbon brush wear if the belt is not broken when you get no drum rotation

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum