Washing Machine Help Forum

BEKO Tacho Magnet Needed!!!!

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Moderators: Jackal, Del, Dave_Conway, don, iadom, Penguin45, r600a, johnmac11, eastlmark, Dales-Electronic, dquinn

Buy spare parts for washing machines

“Washing
Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you
Pay

• Advertisement

BEKO Tacho Magnet Needed!!!!

Postby redreloaded » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 pm

Afternoon all,

As a result of a previous post I was helped to successfully diagnose the fault with my machine which turned out to be a shattered tacho magnet, excellent I thought a quick fix, until trying to get hold of one of the little buggers.

Its not the tacho coil I'm after, which seam to be widely available but the actual tacho magnet that fits to the end of the drive shaft of the motor, I cant seam to find one anywhere! So I wondered if anyone has an idea where I may be able to get this else it will have to be a whole new motor.

Its for a BEKO WM5120W washing machine.

Many thanks,

Steve
redreloaded
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Advertisement

Washing machine drum paddles

“Drum
Broken drum paddles or lifters are often a fairly easy part to replace yourself and you can buy replacement drum paddles including many low cost compatible washing machine paddles in our store to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Re: BEKO Tacho Magnet Needed!!!!

Postby electrofix » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:38 pm

as far as i am aware complete motor only

have not found another one that will fit yet unless someone else knows better

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby washtronics » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:17 pm

i phoned qualtex that contacted beko and they said it is available as a spare part
washtronics
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby electrofix » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:58 pm

i hope you are right Washtronics

but Qualtex dont list it connect dont list and the Beko tech site says noting about the magnet only the coil

one long shot if anybody has both motors lying around
hoover list a tacho magnet for performa and quatro range will it fit? even if shimmed and glued?

as i say its a long shot but it needs to be tried

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby odom » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 pm

Easiest and cheapest way is to go down to your local dump, bound to be a couple of Beko machines there. Pay one of the blokes £10, take the machine, get the magnet off then get your £10 back by taking the machine (with the motor separated) to a scrap metal merchant.
odom
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Postby Martin » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:12 pm

BEKO-DUMP-MAGNET.......how true, how appropriate.
Even if you're on the right track you'll get run over if you just sit there!
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

Postby electrofix » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:35 am

@ Martin

:D

Dave
electrofix
Appliance Veteran
Appliance Veteran

Postby jackalltrades » Thu May 31, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks to this and a previous post, i managed to trace the fault to the broken tacho magnet.
As they're not available, I've glued the magnet together onto the motor shaft with two part epoxy metal. Still working. So far so good!
jackalltrades
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

• Advertisement

Washing machine drain pumps

Drain pumps for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more
If your washing machine will not drain the cause will normally be that either your drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the machine failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible washing machine pumps in our store here to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum