UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Washing Machine Help Forum

Bosch WFF2000GB/14 Starts spinning then stops, repeatedly

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Get spare parts for washing machines

Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

Support The Repair Community

How you can help in supporting out community is simple, just just use repairers from our online repair search if you need an appliance repaired

Buy any parts you need in our store that helps fund and maintain this website and the free use of it.

Don't use an adblocker.

That's all you need to do and we all appreciate your support and assistance.

by tom_w » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi

My Bosch is no longer spinning properly, it starts to spin for a second and then just spins down. It does this repeatedly throughout the spin part of the cycle. At the end of the cycle it's flashing four times on the pre-wash light.

I've changed the brushes which hasn't helped and as far as I can see they seem to be touching the armature correctly. Does anybody know what else might be causing this behaviour?
tom_w
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Does your washing machine stink?

If your washing machine stinks, smells bad or emits strange odours it is most likely to be caused by bacteria build up in the washer. To clean this we recommend using Affresh that you can buy here to clean out the bacteria. And for more detailed advice on washing machine odour you can read our article all about smelly washing machines here

Buy Affresh washing machine cleaner here to stop bad smells from your washing machine

by Martin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Were the old brushes worn out and blackened?
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by tom_w » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

They don't look that bad to me, but I have nothing to judge them against:

IMG_20170217_224613-640x480.jpg

IMG_20170217_224711-640x480.jpg
tom_w
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by Martin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:59 am

They look OK. So, next question, if you were to put it now on a wash cycle, would would it fill and tumble OK?
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by tom_w » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks Martin. I started it off on a normal wash and it did the same thing through the initial tumbling bit, spinning up briefly then stopping again, albeit more quickly (maybe due to the water resistance?). The water level was about an inch deep in the drum. It then did the same thing when it hits the first rinse spin.

I'm running it empty at the moment, I'm assuming it's not realising that and stopping.
tom_w
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by Martin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:07 am

The good news:

The motor connecting plug wires may have been damaged? Carefully check the wires into that connecting block.

The real bad news:

The 'tachometer generator' magnet on the motor's armature shaft has likely cracked and is broken. You'll need to remove and dismantle the motor and inspect that magnet. If that is the case then it's the end of the road for your machine as a new motor is the only resolve.
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by tom_w » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Real bad news it is:

IMG_20170223_200257-800x600.jpg

IMG_20170223_200638-600x800.jpg

Such a shame, it looks pretty much brand new other than that and it looks so well engineered, much better quality than the Hoover one I replaced a belt on a while ago.

Any recommendations for the replacement?

Many thanks for all the help, it's good to know I did what I could anyway!
tom_w
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

UK Whitegoods Spare Parts Store

Buy spare parts in our store from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and access to over 14 million spare parts who will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible

Use this link to email us, tell us what you need and we'll find parts for you

shop spare parts

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum