UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Washing Machine Help Forum

Oneconcept DB005 XXl spinner not working

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Get spare parts for washing machines

Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

by Ja1992 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Hi all
Oneconcept DB005XXl spinner is not working.
The washer is functioning as normal.

Found an old flannel blocking the drain, as there was some water sat under the spinner. Water drained fine afer removal.

The spinner is direct drive (not belt driven) and the lid switch is functioning correctly.
There is a small deposit of soot under motor but appears to be around rubber spring mounts, ofwhich one has split but are not overly perished.

Also adjusted brake shoe as cable had stretched.

Timer clicks as usual when rotated.

Any diagnosis would be much appreciated,
Many thank
J
Ja1992
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

Washing machine drain pumps & parts

If your washing machine will not drain the cause will normally be that either your drain pump is blocked or faulty resulting in the machine failing to empty. You can buy replacement drain pump including many low cost compatible washing machine pumps in our store to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

Drain pumps for most washing machines including popular makes like AEG, Hotpoint, Beko, Baumatic, Bosch and many more

by 1totalshambles » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Never been to one of these, and I expect none else on the site has either, so everything that follows is pure guess work.
Ok, so the lid swt works, the spin timer ticks. The only things I can think off as pointers are 1) there`s a broken wire 2) the spin motor is zapped 3) if it is capacitor run-cylinder shaped thing with electrical wires attached that go to the motor or 4) even though the timer seems to work 5 mins to stop internally it is broken. If (1) with the spin mounts dodgy it is a pretty good indication that maybe it is a broken wire perhaps internally within the motor or near the motor. If (3) I would`ve thought you would hear the motor hum and it get warm since it does nothing else which at least means it is getting power; a lot of Chinese capacitors are fairly poor/short lived, Qualtex chinese imported capacitors are an example.
Best I can do I`m afraid but I did have a brief scout about on the net for any spares but found none, zippo! as expected. If it is the capacitor ( if indeed it has one? ) you should be able to get one from this esteemed site that should be better quality, probably something like a 8uf but that is purely a guess, but your original one will have the uf printed on it. Remember that capacitors do store an electrical charge even after you`ve unplugged the machine providing of course it is receiving power itself. Do not do live testing unless you know what your doing, I haven`t lost one yet!! Let us know how you get on as it would be a shame to scrap it.....yet more plastic waste in the environment. Best of luck.
1totalshambles
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by Ja1992 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Hithere thanks for the reply, and will be getting back into having a look at it in the nexfewdays. Timer could be ranking higher again in fault list as, wash timer has a highèr tension when rotated and the faulty spinner is easily rotated but continues its usual clicking. Will let you all know what i find and thanks again for thereply
Ja1992
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by 1totalshambles » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:03 am

How did you get on with this offending twin tub? Sussed it yet?
1totalshambles
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Before you post it… search it!

Please, before you post and ask something that has been asked before (often many times) please use the search facilities available.

Here you can search the forums only, including trade forums with permissions

Here you can search the entire site including all articles, public forums and online store

Use the search function before you post!

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum