UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Washing Machine Help Forum

Bosch Logixx 8 E57 error

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Get spare parts for washing machines

Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

UK Whitegoods Spare Parts Store

Buy spare parts in our store from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and access to over 14 million spare parts who will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible

Use this link to email us, tell us what you need and we'll find parts for you

shop spare parts

by Woody Rocks » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:12 pm

Hello, I have a Bosch Logixx 8 washing machine serial no WAS32461GB/01 showing the error code E57. I have replaced the door lock mechanism and reset but the error code returns. I would appreciate any further thoughts and guidance
Woody Rocks
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

No water into your washing machine?

If your washing does not fill up with water then it is likely that your water supply is faulty or the water fill valve in your machine is. Find replacement water valves in our store including many low cost compatible fill valves for all major brands such as Hoover, Hotpoint, Beko, AEG and more

Buy washing machine water valves and other washing machine spare parts

by 1totalshambles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi
Well I had a look on ye I/net and found someone who appears to have come a cropper as per yourself.
His problem just the same similar non brush motor i.e. an inverter type brushless motor as per your model. With the back removed on the right there is a pcboard which is the motor control board. Seems that that might have blown, it has on this other chaps, so power off and have a look. If you can see that it has blown you now have to find out why ( there might not be a why it might have gone because, well it went pop! ) otherwise things get even more expensive and there lies the problem. On the limited experience I have on this modern c21st stuff it is doubtful it`ll be the motor that caused it, could`ve been the original door lock shorting out .....difficult to say. If you have a test meter I`d check the element too because I have come across the elements going pop on the internal fuse because the relay triggers the element to come on ON SPIN so with no water in the machine whilst you`ve got the back off. If I can up with any other info I`ll post it here but info very poorly available. You might also want to have a look at the instrument pcb too just in case that has gone pop.
I have grave reservations on the quality of Bosch washing machines of the last 10 years. Their dishwashers are even worse, terrible contraptions. Just my opinion.
1totalshambles
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by Martin » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Inverter board failure (part no: 00706019)....costly failing :(
Martin
Appliance Master
Appliance Master

by 1totalshambles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks for supplying the part number Martin for the unlucky fellow.
1totalshambles
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

by Woody Rocks » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Thanks for your comments. I was quoted between £90 and £165 for the PCB with at least two weeks before dispatched. Not good enough turnaround for my good lady who found a one-year-old Zanussi for £90 which is now installed.
Woody Rocks
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by 1totalshambles » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:07 pm

A bargain.
1totalshambles
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Washing machine drum paddles

Broken drum paddles or lifters are often a fairly easy part to replace yourself and you can buy replacement drum paddles including many low cost compatible washing machine paddles in our store to fit all major washing machine makes including AEG, Beko, Hotpoint, Bosch and many more

“Drum

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum