UK Whitegoods Domestic Appliance Help & Support Forums

Washing Machine Help Forum

Zanussi Washing machine

This forum is for support, help and questions you have about washing machines and washer dryers. For washing machine spares click here

Get spare parts for washing machines

Buy washing machine spare parts in our store for all major washing machine makes and models including many low cost compatible spares or contact us and we will find the parts you need for you

UK Whitegoods Spare Parts Store

Buy spare parts in our store from our team of spares experts that have a vast knowledge of the domestic appliance industry and access to over 14 million spare parts who will help you find any part you need and get it to you as fast and cheap as possible

Use this link to email us, tell us what you need and we'll find parts for you

shop spare parts

by wyndaff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:45 am

Hi,
My first post, be gentle.
I have a I have a Zanussi electrolux aqaucycle essential 1600 6kg ZWF 1621W.

The drum spins really smooth. Very little friction, and minimal noise, by hand, but
on a cycle it's a monster.
The drum itself seems to have a lot of play, in all 3 axis's. It's a bit floppy in there. Waggles about if you like.
I've got the lid off and can see the two top springs.
I'm hesitant to dive straight in for a bearing change.
Can these springs stretch or maybe has the bottom one come adrift ?
Its eight years old, but i'm a single bloke, so it hasn't been stressed much.

I'm an electrical maintenance engineer by trade on 3Phase motors, but know little to nothing about domestic kit.

I'm kinda hoping you guys can give me a few pointers ?

Many thanks for any help.

Wyndaff
wyndaff
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by iadom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:24 am

The likeliest possibility given your description and the fact that it has had light use, possibly nearly all at low temperature is that the drum support has snapped.

A massive job on some models and a completely uneconomic total drum change on others.

Would need the Pnc or product number from inside the door to check if yours has a sealed drum or not.

Unless you can see if the outer drum is in two halves secured by lots of screws or has a welded seam.

Pnc number begins with 914******
Please submit your questions in the relevant forum. Unsolicited PM's and emails will not be answered.
iadom
Appliance Forum Moderator

by wyndaff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Thanks for such a swift response.
It's only ever been on 40° short spin.
I will get the PNC No. When I get in tonight. I'm fairly sure the drum splits, again, I'll have a look tonight.

Many thanks

Wyndaff
wyndaff
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by wyndaff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:16 pm

PNC No. 914791320
Drum splits with lots of 10mm bolts.
wyndaff
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by electrofix » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 pm

drum spider part number 50283680002 also by the look of the way its mounted you might need bolts as well if they snap

I would email the shop for a price but don't buy it until you have stripped the machine and diagnosed it properly
think about replacing at least the drum bearing shaft seal and possibly the bearings as well while you have it stripped as the unit was made in 2005

Dave
electrofix

by wyndaff » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Top man. I will strip it down now.
Your spot on about the bearings. May as well.
Thank you ever so much for your help guys.
I will email the shop later on.
wyndaff
Whitegoods Newbie
Whitegoods Newbie

by iadom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:35 pm

If the alloy drum support has corroded or fractured then a read of THIS article will help you to understand why I mentioned the constant low temperature washes that can lead to this type of failure.

Here is an example, this one was from a high quality, German made AEG machine as well. :(
Attachments
01082008104.jpg
Please submit your questions in the relevant forum. Unsolicited PM's and emails will not be answered.
iadom

No water into your washing machine?

If your washing does not fill up with water then it is likely that your water supply is faulty or the water fill valve in your machine is. Find replacement water valves in our store including many low cost compatible fill valves for all major brands such as Hoover, Hotpoint, Beko, AEG and more

Buy washing machine water valves and other washing machine spare parts

Return to Washing Machine Help Forum